More Wheel Questions (pedals and shifter)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dave R, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I know I could post this elsewhere but the very best advice I've gotten has come from this forum so I figured I'd ask here.

I've had my DFGT a few months and am looking to upgrade to an H shifter and some better pedals. Here's my question. Would I be better off just trying to find a used G25 or would I be better served to buy a sequential shifter and new pedals to just add to the DFGT. I love the wheel part of the DFGT, but would love different pedals and an H Shifter (which I know the G25 has). If I buy separate pedals and shifters, how the heck do I use them with the DFGT? Looking at prices for the Thrustmaster H Shifter and pedals, I might come out ahead just getting a used G25.

I appreciate any feedback and thanks so much

2. Mike Demers

Mike Demers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    all about cost really. I have tried some other pedals but I keep going back to my modded g27 pedals. Once you get a brake spring mod and then swap the old brake for clutch and clutch with gas springs I cant honestly say Ive tried any pedals that makes me want to drop another $300 for the other pedals I tried (t500 and V1 Clubsport) - they may be a bit nicer, but not $300 nicer, again IMO.

As for the shifter, The G27 only has H pattern and its fine for now IMO. I use the paddles for seq shifting.

3. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the info Mike. Does the g27 have h pattern? I was thinking it was only sequential.

4. Mike Demers

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    G27 is H pattern only- 6 sp plus reverse. G25 has a knob to switch between sequential and h pattern

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Mike. I'll look for a used g27 then.

6. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    I've just done the Brake-Mod on my G27-Pedals in the way Mike described with the GT Eye-Brake-Spring... Didn't had the time to give it a try, but now I'm very excited ^^

7. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Hum, think about this: would you like to have pedals like your modded g27 on a real car?
    I really doubt about that.

I think lots of Sim driver underestimate the role of the pedals, but in my opinion it's as important, Mayne more, than the wheel itself. I really can get how you didn't feel the improvement with a csp v1 against the g27 even modded.

Of course everything come at a cost, but good pedal set really worth to consider.

8. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I ended up with a G27 with with the GTEYE brake pedal mod installed. I got a really good deal on it. My question is, do the clamps attach to the desk the same way the DFGT does? If the DFGT clamps fit just fine will it be the same way on the G27?

Thanks!!

9. Mike Demers

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    im not sure - I never had a DFGT. G27 fairly similar to my MOMO though.

10. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Puh - some times ago that I've had the DFGT, but as far as I remember the clamps from the G27 are quite similar the those on the DFGT.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Thanks m.bohkien. I'm rather excited about finally having an h shifter and better pedals.

12. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I should get the wheel today. A few questions if possible (and thanks for any responses)

-Is it as simple as unplugging the DFGT and plugging in the G27? Should the Profiler pick it right up or do I need to uninstall the Profiler and reinstall it with the G27?
    -Do I need to go through each sim and delete the controller profile and do a new one or just edit the buttons?
    -Should the force feedback settings be the same or will I need to enter new values?
    -I've always just used the paddles to switch gears (even in games like NR2003 where a 5 speed is used). Is it possible to set it to use both for some games or am I locked to picking either the H Shifter or the Paddles?

Thanks as always