Most realistic/authentic cars and tracks?

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base' started by Bigsteviet, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Bigsteviet

Bigsteviet New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello!
    Loving R3E and it's been my racing sim of choice since I finally got a gaming PC for VR maybe 18 months ago.
    I've been using my trusty G29 for years, but have just upgraded to a Fanatec CSL set-up (no haters, please!)
    I've searched both here and on Google to find what people recommend as the most realistic/authentic cars and tracks to test it out on to feel the difference, but can't find anything since the Dec 19 update.
    I'm sure my Google-Fu is weak, but what would YOU recommend?
    I prefer tin tops and would like to find a particularly realistic track I know - which rules out Zhuhai!, lol. Would Suzuka be a good choice?
    Love to hear what I should be looking out for in terms of feedback, too :)

2. Bigsteviet

Bigsteviet New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    PS: Spa felt awesome in an FR X-17 last night!
    Tracks I like to think I know and enjoy include:
    Bathurst
    Brands
    Hockenheimring
    Mazda Laguna Seca (heart)
    Motegi
    Sonoma

3. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    Usually, the most realistic car are the up to date cars. You can find an (bit outdated because April Update) Lookup list here: https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...om-car-class-lookup-list-december-2019.14091/
    For me, I think the FrJr's are pretty realistic, as they were redeveloped with real racing experience by the creator. Not to mention most of the cars rely on real world data so it should be realistic.
    Concerning tracks:
    I only drove on Hockenheim and Oschersleben in reality and can guarantee you that they are very authentic (But in reality there is no commentator shouting 'Augusto Farfus, Jawoll!' every ten seconds or so), but in some places a bit outdated concerning surroundings and some kerbs/runoff.
    Looking at some onboard comparisons 'R3E vs Reality', they all look close, but I can't guarantee you that they feel exact the same as they do in reality, especially looking at so many different cars.
    I like Portimao and think it's the best choice that was ever made for an f2p track. One of the best modern tracks imo.

Greetings

• Like Like x 1
  4. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    Oh, and I think Daytona is gonna be a good one too! I really appreciate the fact that the Daytona bosses take a look at it in R3E as they are the ones who know the track the best :)
    Hopefully it's worth the extra waiting time!
    Greetings

5. Bigsteviet

Bigsteviet New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    @Olaf Hülse That list is amazing! Exactly what I've been looking for, thank you :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. RampageRacing

RampageRacing Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    The track I know well from real life is Mid-Ohio. I can say that the track itself is a very authentic representation of that track. The Turn 1 sweeper, chicane, keyhole, Insanity, Thunder Valley and carousel are almost dead on what I have experienced on the track, there was a bump right at the end of the carousel that would jolt you as you enter the front straight that may be missing. I will have to check for that the next time I drive it in R3E. The only things that are really a bit off are the off track assets. There are never cranes to remove cars, some of the signage is not correct and although there are a lot of flags around the track in the spectator areas, no one waves them back and forth during races. That is a European or Japanese thing. Americans spend the whole race holding sandwiches and a can of beer.

I am very excited to drive the Daytona track. Where Mid-Ohio was my home track since 1976, Daytona has been my home track since 2015 and is about a 35 minute drive from my home now.