Motec type depending on car class?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ChatCureuil, Dec 22, 2017.

1. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    I plan to add several Motec bitmaps in this app, and I'm wondering if the type of Motec depends on car class, or if it can also be different for 2 cars in the same class?
    If I can avoid testing all cars, that's better. ^^

EDIT: Hmm in fact I found the answer really fast, each car I tried used a different one... :eek:
    But maybe there's a list somewhere of motec/car associations?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  2. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    The Motec depends more on the car (compare the data displays in the GTR3 class for example).

But, what's your question in fact? Do you want to know how many different data displays there are or a list of data displays per car?
    When you say Motec, you mean the virtual data display eh?

Don't forget, cars like the Skyline have a completely different style of data display, that you don't find in the car itself (most of the times).

3. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    The idea was to add a bitmap of each different virtual Motec available in game. So if I don't want to test each car, I need a list of each virtual Motec with the name of a car that uses it. But finally the longest part won't be to take a screenshot of each car but to cut it into Photoshop. I never noticed that there was so much different Motec in this game. :D

4. Karting06

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Hehe, especially the newer cars have different data displays. But I think that there are maximum 15 or 20 different data displays in the whole game, but the question is where :D
    I think that both TT Cup class have the same data display.
    The Porsche GT3 R & Cup have the same data display.
    The Cayman and the BMW M235i have both an unique Data Display.

Older ones (like the RUF GTR2 & GTR3, Hillclimb Icons (now I'm hesitating for the Carlsson SLK 340 JUDD)) have this data display:

Attached Files:

5. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your help. Finally it's faster than expected cause some Motec share the same shape even if display is different, so I can use the same Photoshop selection to cut them. ^^

6. Karting06

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Hehe, you're welcome ;)