Problem Mouse going up

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by pawels, Apr 10, 2018.

1. pawels

pawels New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have a problem with the configuration of the game, the cursor "goes" to the top of the screen and I can`t confuse the wheel. This happens after connecting button box made on arduino.

From the beginning:
    1. After turning on the menu, the curry keeps running top
    2. I found a solution on the forum, I set <custom type = "bool"> false </ custom> in the menu file_controller_options.xml
    3. The cursor no longer escapes, but when setting up the steering wheel, the device is automatically set: ID: 1 POU on the addjusting element
    4. I cat`t calibrate the wheel/buttons/pedals

This is probably because the game receives a signal from the button box, with which 4 other games(sims) have no problems. Windows device manager shows that the button box does not send itself signal on standby.

Additional info:
    movie with cursor

Will you help me fix the problem?

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. pawels

pawels New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I apologize for the second post, but anti spam does not allow you to add a link to images, a need to upload files :(

Attached Files:

3. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    rebind the mouse gestures ? id say there is a button id or something thats registering mouse up .......

Andi

4. BrianBosch

BrianBosch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    In my case the up button of the D pad on the Fanatec wheel made apperently a constant contact. After "gently" pushing this Dpad it was over. I also know for another experience that the slightest pedal touch could cause a mouse movement. I think it was the brake pedal. Not sure if this was auto assigned and it was in Assetto Corsa. Maybe it helps?

5. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    just click on the dustbin symbol on all mouse directions in the game controls , that way nothing is bound to it

Andi

6. pawels

pawels New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Game receives a signal from my button box, when it disconnects everything is ok.
    Windows manager shows that the device does`t send any signal (take the second attached image), in other simulators everything is ok.

Maybe you know some other way to check if the device sends any data (unwanted) to PC?

7. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    "There are several reasons why this might be happening.

1) The d-pad on your wheel is a bit off and it constantly moves up.

2) You have additional or virtual gamepad drivers installed which might be interfering. (Please check your game controller settings via Control Panel).

3) Having multiple USB inputs might be causing a clash on Windows. (Please try plugging the controller or the mouse into different USB sockets and see if it helps, or try with another mouse or with no mouse and see if it is indeed the racing wheel)."

8. pawels

pawels New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    As I wrote, the problem is through an additional device - button box on arduino.
    In second post I put a screenshot in which you can see that the device doesn`t send any signals when there is no button pressed. I tried connect ,into different USB sockets it did`t help (in other games I do not have any problem with button box).

9. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    Found more ways to fix this:

The mouse cursor in the menus can also be controlled by other controllers such as gamepads and steering wheels. If one such device is constantly giving input, the mouse cursor will constantly move.
    If you have a device which is designed to give constant input you can instead turn off the ability to control the mouse cursor with other devices.

To do this:

There is a file in the game's documents folder called menu_controller_options.xml. In this document you can disable the menu support for controllers which allows gamepads/Steering wheels etc to control the mouse cursor.

To disable it:
    · Find the document in the following location: \Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\
    · Find the first line that reads <custom type="bool">true</custom>
    · Change it to <custom type="bool">false</custom>
    · Save the changes
    It should now be disabled, and if that was the cause behind the drifting cursor then it should be solved.

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/mouse-problem.7473/#post-108845

• Like Like x 1
  10. pawels

pawels New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Andy, thank you for the commitment! but once again, I wrote about it in the first message that I tried "<custom type =" bool ">false</ custom>", partly fixe the problem, because the cursor no longer going up. But the Race Room continues to receive a signal because I can`t calibrate the devices, when I try to assign any button, after a fraction of a second it set "ID: 1 POU" there (see the screen from the second post, with a red rectangle)

11. JakkeFin

JakkeFin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    Its sending pov up, maybe thats the reason what is messing up cursor movement?

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  12. pawels

pawels New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    JakkeFin, thanks, I totally did`t notice this, case is probably solved.

13. BrianBosch

BrianBosch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    re
    reread my post could have saved you two days ;) Or was it the button box that sent the povup signal?

• Like Like x 1
  14. pawels

pawels New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I made it myself, on Teensy 3.2 (arduino) controller, just a very strange because I din`t use anything there for joystick configuration. I need to trace this signal somehow.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  15. petlar37

petlar37 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Pawels, I have the same problem with Teensy 3.2 och the mouse-up command, did you solve it?

16. pawels

pawels New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
  17. JakkeFin

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    Have you checked wiring in buttonbox?

18. JakkeFin

Ratings: