Question Moving seat sideways possible

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Kollo, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    In some cars ( e.g. Audi TT ) the position of the ingame steering wheel doesn't match perfectly with my T500. Is it possible to move the drivers seat left/right for certain cars?

2. Henri Puustinen

Henri Puustinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    You can manually edit the camera.xml files located in the GameData folder. I'm no expert so maybe someone else can show you. I'm going to see if it's not centered and in that case I'll report it.

3. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Which audi tt are you talking about? We have 3.

The tt cup 2016 in cockpit steering wheel is perfectly centered. I even took a ruler and held it up to my screen to measure.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    I've checked all 3 TT's and for me they are all perfectly centered, are you sure it's not your wheel isn't centered to your screen?

On a side note nate, I just checked the Z4, when it was introduced it was off center, which I brought up, guess what it still is..how long..anyway it's to far right, about a inch on my screen. drop a hint for me please..;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Wonder if he means on the TT RS, that the in game wheel is off center from the dashboard?

2017-03-02 1604 0001_LI.jpg

The wheel perfectly sits in the center of the screen though. And this car was based on CAD data, so the real life car also has it's dashboard off center from the wheel. The Bentley GT3 is another car like this. Just how the real thing is.

Will take a look.

Edit: Confirmed and reported @Gopher04 :)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  6. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Hmm never noticed that before, now I'm going to see it all the time..:p

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Whoopsy :oops:

Good thing I didnt tell you about....

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    This problem occurs only with a few cars and maybe this issue is caused due to the missing multi monitor support.
    The middle of my steering wheel is perfectly aligned to the middle of my monitor. If this wouldn't be the case it should look the same with all cars (and games) but it doesn't.

All Audi TTs:
    Audi TT.jpg

Corvette GT3:
    GT3 Corvette.jpg

Ruf GT3:
    Ruf GT3.jpg

9. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Are you using 3 monitors by chance?

All those cars are perfectly fine on a single screen. The cockpit view is perfectly centered.

You can try going to your games install folder, and deleting the cameras for those cars, and then verifying the integrity of the game in Steam so it will re-download them. Go to:
    \Steam\SteamApps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\Cars and then delete the folders in there for the cars you have issues with. Then verify the game. Right click on the games name in steam, click properties, click the local tab, then verify.

10. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Yes i am using three monitors. I found a similar issue in rFactor 2 (GT3 Corvette again...) but the ingame steering wheel is dislocated to the right there. In R3E it is always dislocated to the left. But there are only a few cars with this error in both games. Weird...

Maybe I could use TrackIR as a workaround :rolleyes:

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I will take a look in few minutes as i am on triples just corvette you feel is wrong ?

• Like Like x 1
  12. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Hey mate, it seems that the cockpit cameras have different files for triple screens... and it could very well be that some of them are wrong, which is why they are off center for you.

If you come across any others that are off center, please post them here.

I'll put in a report for the devs to take a look at.

And thanks for the pics above. :)

13. Andy Blade

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Hey no ninja ing

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Andy Blade

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    could not find problem on ruf but fixed Corvette,Audi tt rs, Audi15/16 and Bmw z4 also reports gone in for triple screen cockpit

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  15. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Ruf is fine. I posted that picture to show that not all cars steering wheels are off center for me. Most cars are ok. Having the option to move the seat sideways would be cool.

Maybe possible by editing an *.ini-file?

16. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Since Sector 3 doesn't develop the improvements that i am waiting for in R3E I easily resisted the easter sale. Now i've spent the saved money for Assetto Corsa. Imagine the surprise when i noticed that it is possible to move the seat sideways in AC.

I will continue to ask for further features which might be exotic in the world of R3E developers.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  17. Andy Blade

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Will check on this not been fixed ?
    I can also see if i have files i edited to correct view

18. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    This is honestly quite low on the priority list since it affects a small amount of cars and very few users :p

This was only reported a month ago, and there have been far bigger and more pressing issues to work on in this time, namely the flag system for starters.

If Sector3 had a massive studio of 400 people, this likely would have been fixed in a week. Sadly, the game has about 3 programmers from what I recall reading in the credits in game.

It'll be fixed in due time, since it has been reported to our bug tracker. :)

19. Andy Blade

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Yeah sent him my file changes

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1