Problem MP dissonections - Bonnet view

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Sean Kenney, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Happened to me, and a few others again last night, there is no error message and returns one to the lobby. Each time it happened there was about 15 seconds left in qualifying time. Suddenly it goes to bonnet view, which of course I think I hit the view change button, but then half a second later I realize I am about to be disconnected.

Any ideas from the S3 guys?

2. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Same here started to happen today, i couldn't join to any MP races...
    During the practice session everything is fine, and as long as i don't do any valid lap during qualification. As soon as i run a valid qualification lap, the game goes to bonnet view, than suddenly drops me back to mp server list or to the desktop.
    If i don't run any valid lap during qualification, as soon as the race sould strat i get dropped to server list or to the desktop (sometimes with, sometimes without any error messages)

3. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Yup... I was one of them... :(
    Went playing minesweeper then...

4. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Seems to happen at the worst times...

5. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Are you using Win8 ?
    I need to do some testing. I haven't raced online in a while.
    But i never had that issue ( win7 64bit here )

6. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
  7. Sébastien Degraeve

Sébastien Degraeve Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Sometimes I have problem with disconnections on DTM Experience.I can try many times without managing to remain on the server.This is a timing issue with the server.
    For example in the server list, you choose a server(qualy 7min).It remains 2m57s before switching to the race.Loading time 2min.Normally,I have 57s before the end of the qualifying.
    As soon as you are accessing the server,time remaining is 6min59s.
    Final result:loss of connection.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    I have noticed something similar Sebastien. Although in the main RR MP lobby.

Generally, most of the time when I join a lobby that only has a few minutes of qualy time left, say < 4 mins... As soon as I enter the lobby and appear in the pits, it will show the time remaining before the race, as the max time and count down. For example it will show 10 mins remain... however a few moments later, the timer will appropriately switch back to <4 mins like it should be.

Almost as if it takes the server a few moments to sync up with the proper remaining time.

I dont know how to explain it any more specifically than that, and dont have any real proof it is impacting my game in any way, but I have found it rather odd.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Just happened to me three times on the bounce now. Game automatically switches to bonnet cam with no on-screen overlays or other cars visible, then after a few seconds disconnects. Very annoying.

10. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    sucks. I had a crash dump last night, but no bonnet disconnections.

11. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    had all sorts of issues today. MP Bonnet disconnects and just unable to load anything a lot of times.
    :(

and my internet is fine today.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    it is actually completly hectic for me... sometime everything is fine, sometimes not.... tryed to find reasons, change things in windows, firewall, antivirus, other softwares running background... but couldn't find any logical reasons so far....

13. billylooser

billylooser Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I'm experiencing the same bug, however today instead of ending up in the lobby it kicked me out of the game with the error code 12017 (after switching to bonnet view). Maybe this helps to shed some light on the issue?