Multiclass Racing - wish list

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by haik, Feb 13, 2015.

1. haik

haik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone at Sector 3 and hi community.

I know multiclass racing is planned (any words on a schedule?), but I'd like to suggest a few features that should (well, have to) be in:

- For offline racing: Let us pick every car "one-by-one"instead of randomly assigning AI when filling the grid.
    ATM (for example when racing in the Touring Classic category), the game assigns AI according to the number of available "skins" - meaning you end up with 15 BMW E30, 3 BMW 625 and 2 Volvos... Old SimBin titles had the same issue, and it was a deal breaker for me.
    As an example, Assetto lets you pick each individual car of the grid (or fill the grid at random)

-For offline and online racing, let us choose whether we want to grid the cars per class, or not.
    ie, say we race GTR1-GTR2-GTR3, the game would group all GTR1 in front of the grid, then GTR-2,then GTR-3.
    This may be especially important in offline racing: say you want to quick race, skipping Q. At the moent, the game places IA randomly on the grid, and slower cars end up being grided in front of cars from a faster class.

That's it from the top of my head - but I guess the community will think of other things.

Cheers, Mat "haik'"

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Yes, good points Haik (see you like Boyd Crowder/Walton Goggins do you ;) ? )
    For Multiclass Online Racing I suggest that with a 3-class grid of 24 cars you should split it in three chunks of eight cars each class available - means you`ve gotta take what is there., to avoid that everybody jumps into a GTR1 while having only 4 GTR2/GTR3 cars in the grid.

3. haik

haik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    Hehe - Loved him since The Shield, and he totally blew my mind in Justified ;-)

4. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Hell, yeah he really can talk your a** off - great actor...:)

5. 2Lame2Aime

2Lame2Aime Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    Aspecially when the Nordschleife is released the maximum amount of cars should be about 50 cars. 200 cars like in VLN or Nürburgring 24h event would be nice for sure but i think that would let my pc explode :D

6. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    get a second PC being a server and taking care of the AI their physics computations alone ;)