Problem Multiplayer connection

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Theros_BR, May 5, 2019.

1. Theros_BR

Theros_BR New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    First of all, Hey everybody!

Here is my problem, I can't join any multiplayer server, always get the same "no response from server" error message. most of server don't show ping (-ms) or a extremely high one. But doesnt matter wich one I try always the same message.

Just got the game a few days back since I finally got a decent wheel, and wanted to play a nice racing sim.

Excuse my bad english and thanks in advance!

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Hi @Theros_BR
    note that the majority of servers are located in Europe, so your ping to those servers might simply be too high. Sadly there aren't that many servers hosted in (South) America, but there are some, so I'd ask you to try connecting to one of those.

3. Theros_BR

Theros_BR New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Christian
    Gonna try that. There are a few servers that show ping on the 200ms range and I can't connect to those too. Is there a system in game to prevent connection if the ping is too high?

4. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yes there is. It is set to 500ms (or 450, not 100% sure right now) by default but server hosts can define a lower custom limit.

But the problem might also be ping spikes, how are you connected to your router, ethernet or wlan? If possible it is rcommended to avoid using wlan as that can cause quite severe ping spikes.

5. Theros_BR

Theros_BR New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm on ethrnet, what bugs me the most is that only 4 or five servers show ping at all, all the rest just show "-ms"

6. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I think they just time out while trying to ping. As you can see there are quite a number of active servers and the browser is trying to ping them all at the same time.

Sadly there's not much I can do about that or suggest. :oops:

7. Theros_BR

Theros_BR New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No worries, thanks a lot mate!

Edit
    I'm in Brasil if anyone knows of a server here that allows free content would be a lot of help :)

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  8. Theros_BR

Theros_BR New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Tested every single server I could find that allowed the free content, could not connect to any of them, gonna wait a few more days to see if something changes... :(