Question Multiplayer Lobby bad/no ping's with new Router

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by k.C goran, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Peter Eckhardt

Peter Eckhardt Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    crazy whats going on . I can play MP in RRE ??????????????????
    Its working since 18:30

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. k.C goran

k.C goran Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    hi all,

for me still Multiplayer doesn't work stable.Without VPN i was able to join a few Races,like Peter Eckhardt was writing,but then some other strange things happend.Like massive lag when somebody joins etc.With the VPN i can join from time to time.I guess it depends on the Network load from the Server where the VPN goes through.But I am really not sure.

Michael ME.:I didn't change anything on the Router.Simply set up the tunnel with OpenVpn on my
    Localmachine.I am using Ipredator Service for that.It works,but not stable with the R3E Multiplayer.All this makes me crazy sometimes.:(

As you remember I mentioned the Net Neutrality problem http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Net_neutrality with the peering of the ISP's.

At least I am stressed out with that,but anyway i will post(for me somehow funny)a short
    Youtube Vid from the German EU Commissioner Mr. Supertroll Oettinger who is speaking shortly
    on that Problem.:p:D

:eek:

have phun..so far

k:C goran

3. k.C goran

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    oh I forgot the important Sequence in that vid is at 1:20 where he says something real stupid about Youtube and Online Gaming.Btw you can here the Croud shortly laughing in the background.:)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  4. maxel

maxel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Over a week now without a single failed connection after clicking the livery.
    The update seems to have solved the problem for me. :)
    Anyone still having issues with the Telekom routers?
    (I had to restart the router after every race...)

5. k.C goran

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    Yep,I still can't connect directly without VPN.

6. k.C goran

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    Still can not connect to Multiplayer without VPN.Does anybody else can connect to MP with Deutsche Telekom as ISP and Router Model Speedport 723v/724v?:cool:

7. Michael Me

Michael Me New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    yes and no... same situation as before and mentioned above ... well.. all other games/sims works with no isses since ever...
    the mp-issues in RRRE are on S3/ simbin side...they need to fix it... that for sure :-/
    Maybe they should ask at Kunso Sim.... or any other developer in the world about how they have designed their mp Client software, which works properly concerning connection...
    Or better ask the the developer of Grand Prix Legends WinVROC.... that mp-client works for >13 years on my pc, and of course still... yes...even with our new high end Tkom router...

So, some People have already mentioned the few players in RR-mp.... well... just fix the issues with mp...would help

AC has factor 30 more players in mp, because the mp works...it's a given fact.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. k.C goran

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    so for me there are 3 Games/Sims which I can not connect directly.R3E,Race07 and a bit older Egoshooter Far Cry 3.Didn't Test all of my Multiplayer Games because I don't have so much Time.Most of them works without Problem's.But for those 3 tested a lot with tools and 2 other Router's.Absolutely no Success.Even with different Config's of routing,firewall and so on.What I find very strange is,that before I get the faster DSL-Line, with the old Router and slower Connection,which was in February shortly before I started this Thread, had really no Problem's at all with MP-Gaming.What I can say from my Terrestrial point here in Germany near Stuttgart,is that the Routes has changed.Shorter Hop's but other Routes.Open a Connection through VPN,those 3 Games/Sim's works!A.C. works nice without a VPN.But I don't care anymore about A.C.That's why my theory is the Problem with the Bottleneck on those Level3 Backbones and Net Neutrality.

Hey,and btw this Thread from me is no Commercial for using VPN changing Provider blabla and so on.That should be clear:).I am only wondering how and what.

Of course I am also frustrated from Time to Time!But I rather stay cool and always keep in mind that this Thing is still Alpha/Beta,even if I pay 7€ per month for the VPN.The last Patch brings a lot of new Problem's but also some new good stuff.We will see where this journey goes ....;)

till then Cheers

9. Stonehard

Stonehard New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    What port's should be opened for Raceroom?

10. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    OOps, didn't saw this thread...after changing my provider I got a Telekom 724 Type B Router this year as well (previous provider was horrible) and for me the only issue is to be patient when entering a session (MP). I also see only a few pings, but the regular procedure is to click forward to the livery section where I have to wait a minute or so after the first "no response" message(depends on the server) but only if the server is crowded . On empty or or rarely frequented servers I`'m connected without delay. After clicking again (just seems it just needs some time to process through) it normally works....just for the record.

11. Stonehard

Stonehard New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I have opened the routher with the correct ones.
    But still just one server runs at a time...

12. k.C goran

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    My first and oldest Thread.I still can't connect to the R3E Server's without a VPN.Cost me 6€ every month.From February 2015 to now,that means 102€ ...sad but true:mad:
    All because of the Net Neutrality!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Net_neutrality
    As far as I know the are other People that have the same Problem.
    http://www.savenetneutrality.eu/de/
    This is no Commercial,,..,Let's stop this stupid sh*t!!!

EDIT:Take this 10 minutes of reading,it's about our freedom in the Internet.
    Cheers!;)

13. k.C goran

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    Hey,since the last Patch on 15.11.2016 i CAN connect to R3E Multiplayer Server's WITHOUT VPN and join a Race.Ping to other's is very good.:)

Patch Note says this.
    Multiplayer ...
    The netcode is now IPv6 compatible.

Sometimes i have to click 2 or 3 times at a Car Livery but then it works.
    Hopefully it stays like this or getting better(without clicking so often on the Car Livery's)

greets k.C :D