Resolved Multiplayer problem - Opponents disappear

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by davide.pjb, Feb 21, 2015.

1. davide.pjb

davide.pjb New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

i have a strange problem in multiplayer mode: when i join every race and i click drive i can see opponents on map and near me flashing for two second and then disappear. i still can see chat and their name on the position bar, and the smoke of their brake, but their cars are not visible. I remember first time i tryied multiplayer the opponent' car was visible. I think something is changed in the config but i ca't find what.

any ideas?

thank you

2. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Happens some times. What sort of pings do you get?

3. davide.pjb

davide.pjb New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for your reply. After it i checked my ping but the problem is always present even with low values like 50, 60...90. I modified video values inside and outside the game, but i still have the issue.

4. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    How is your Internet bandwidth? Mine is unfortunately quite low and even if i have low pings like 50-60 when choosing the server i also have this problem. Mainly when i join late and close to the start and/or the grid is very full. I also have the feeling it appears predominantly at some special tracks and when there are many players on several servers. Don't know what data is being transferred for MP and to which destination but most of the races are fine.

5. davide.pjb

davide.pjb New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok finally i solved my problem. What was it? Incredibly the overclock of my pc was causing this issue while everything else was ok. I Have P6T deluxe V2 and i'm using ASUS Turbo V soft overclock. I will try to test other overclock settings but since i disabled it i have no more "opponent disappearing" problem.

Thank you and bye.

6. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    hmmm oddd

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. David Plummer

David Plummer Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Seems strange that it was the over clocking causing the problem I too get the same problem from time to time and I have a 'standard' setup.

8. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Same here no oc

9. davide.pjb

davide.pjb New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    For the case i described (1-2 seconds blinking then disappearing of ALL opponents immediately as the game load and you are on track in box) yes was surely the overclock. No more problem since i disable it so i confirm. Maybe you are refferring to short disappearing and blinking of some opponents (with reapparition) during the game while most of players are still visible.. i'm agree must be a low bandwith issue or a related one.