Multiplayer race: is this a record?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nickh158, Feb 17, 2020.

1. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Last night I braved the Aquilia/Portimao server of death with predictable results.
    At the end there were 9 DQs and a further 7 DNFs.
    Anyone do any better than that? o_O
    After the initial carnage though, it turned into a good race and I was OK with my 8th place finish and 2 incidents.

2. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Think when i was on there yesterday there were 7 or 8 finishers out of 24 or 25 starters so i might have beaten you by a couple :D

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  3. nickh158

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I was in the US server. There were quite a few cars behind me I think. I`m sure some players were disqualified several times during qualification. Can you just exit the server and rejoin if you`re disqualified?

4. OldFart

OldFart Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I was on the US server last night did three sessions the first couple of laps were carnage; finished all the races; the number of DQs in the first laps was very high; the same names did reaper quite often, the Europe server was just as bad, why did I keep going back you mite ask, after the first couple of laps good racing could be had, perhaps rolling start should be tried on one of the servers just to see if theirs a difference

• Like Like x 1
  5. TheOutdriver97

TheOutdriver97 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    As somebody who has only recently started playing multiplayer (I didn't think I'd stand a chance playing on a laptop with an xbox one controller), I now mostly play the Europe #4 WTCR ranked server and can honestly say I don't see too many DQs. I also don't find too many rammers either and other drivers are generally respectful. I've had some great close races spending the entire 20 minute race within a second of other drivers.

The problem is people DNFing if they bin it or fall too far behind the leader and Saturday's aside, there's never a huge amount of players in the server to begin with.

• Like Like x 1
  6. krimmler

krimmler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    A hour ago i had a race at Zolder with GT3, i startet at Pitlane because of the wreckers and i were right. At start 5-6 cars in the gravel, next turn two cars... At the end i finished P6 from 26 :). 10 arrived at finish, 16 DNF. Ranked Servers are like a magnet for wreckers. Most of them are everyday there, GT3 server are the most, GT4 and WTCR are less of them.
    Last days i qualified in the midfield most P7 - P14, in every race i had a crash in T1. The frontrunner brake, midfield too, but the last at start (potential wreckers) do not brake and crush in the hole grid. So yesterday at Laguna Seca and today at Zolder i started at Pitlane, it´s saver if you don´t start at first positions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. nickh158

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    It`s OK if you start at the back and wait for the wreckage to clear :eek:. But then of course, you have to settle for a lower placing than you`d normally expect. It`s probably at it`s worst in the Aquilia/Portimao servers because it`s the free content.
    I never quit, because it`s all experience. I have a terrible time in the justrace servers because I`m always 3/4 seconds per lap slower than the next slowest driver :(. At least in the ranked servers with bad drivers I do all right...

8. nickh158

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Not sure it would make any difference: I`m sure they`d just floor it and hammer on the brakes too late anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Agree on that one and if theres gonna be t1 carnage anyways id prefer a scenario in which people arent going quite as fast aka a standing start

10. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Not quite the same record, but I managed to gain 27 incident-points in 4 corners..... :D

I get that using free content is a way to entice more players into the game, but oh man those servers are just a complete sh*t-show.

11. nickh158

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I started in the pitlane a couple of days ago, which is a penalty of what, about 15 seconds all told? Still finished 8th.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. axxis278

axxis278 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    When I set my dedi on rolling start Qualifications, the race starts on standings. Does the race rolling start still exist on multiplayer ? I didn't use it for 2 years, I don't even remember how it was on the WebUI.

13. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    There are no rolling starts in multiplayer right now.

14. axxis278

axxis278 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Don't remember why and when they removed it, It wasn't the best system but at least there was something. :(

15. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    I think they removed it shortly after it had been introduced because there were too many bugs.

16. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    The ranked servers are carnage, had very few clean races, first corners reminiscent of the bog roll aisle at the supermarket on pandemic day. Not pleasant at all lately, what with some strange handling in a few of the GT3's and some dodgy damage model moments to boot, I'd like to think I'll take a wide berth, I won't, I never do, glutton for turn one gauntlet running, costing me dearly in goody, goody points though, my ranking is all over the place, as are the components of my car generally.
    This was only a beta was it not? o_O