Multiplayer seems dead?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by André Linhares, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Ah, you could be right. I probably should have phrased my original comment better; R3E is a bargain compared to iRacing, and hopefully if R3E offered a similar service to iRacing but for a cheaper price people would migrate over to R3E and we'd see more people in the servers.

2. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    ^^ Either way, i was scratching my head same as you - seems unfathomable it was meant the other way!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Damn, you're a f*cking master!! It was exactly what i was going to explain!!

I'm Portuguese you know... :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    yeah lets be light on the lingo in such a highly ESL community.;)

5. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    That's what I did today, I joined a server with the option I wanted to race and started practice and woilaa... att qualify I was not alone and i had my self a real batle shore there where only 9 cars att the most but never under 5 and it was a blast. :D

• Like Like x 2
  6. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    it only takes 2 good, close, clean racers to have a good battle.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0

It's the magic of R3E MP.
    Don't wait until there's a race with the combo you want, make it !
    In most case players will join you and you'll have fun :D

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    In my point of view, with the current state of the game and it's level of developing the features. Solution for increasing numbers in multiplayer's lobby could be very simple.

I remember how wonderful online was when RaceRoom provided free weekends for every class and track.

So basically, the idea brought from competitions' section. In competitions' we have one car/class with one track to drive free for some period of time.

So, make the same for online section. For one week for example. Make some rotations and more people would be involved and hooked up. That equals higher sales.

• Agree Agree x 7
  9. Why485

Why485 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    This is a very good idea, and not only would it (hopefully) draw in a crowd but it would also focus the online playerbase into specific servers rather than having them so spread out. If they did this, it would even kind of legitimize the unfortunate "free to play" label that RaceRoom really shouldn't be carrying right now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    I fully agree, seems like a great idea. The one downside is that it would also put a lot of "wreckers" in those rooms (casuals who are just checking things out and aren't serious about racing).

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. CirKan

CirKan Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I can not be more agree on everything you said, long ago that think the same as you, i keep hopeful that soon we see it come true. iRacing and Gran Turismo, with Sport, already realized what the future of driving simulators. I hope S3S don't take long.

12. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    That will be an eternal problem in public servers...

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Why485

Why485 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Honestly I'd rather worry about dodging wreckers than look at a server browser with a whole 7 people on it using a combination of content I don't happen to own.

It's a good problem to have.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    I remembered the suggestion from @ozcanuck55 about joining an empty lobby that i liked - well, i accidentally joined an amateur lobby (classics @ Mid ohio if i recall). Someone actually followed me in, and we had some fun practice/qualifying until he realized it was amateur and pointed it out to me - i actually couldn't tell right away. Anyhow, the "just join an empty" strategy does work and i've used the strategy before, there are probably other folks looking for the same types as races you prefer that don't bother playing MP after a quick review of servers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. André Linhares

André Linhares New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Whoa, didn't expect my post would get so much attention. Good to see so many people here discussing ways to make the game better.

I think a ranking system is inevitable in order to make the game a success these days. iRacing is super expensive and yet is the biggest multiplayer racing sim nowadays. People want that level of organization. I know I do. Leagues are fine, but right now I just want to jump in and have a great race with clean guys, and I guess the majority of sim racers just want that too. It's simple, and simplicity is powerful. Getting into a league is too much of a hassle for most.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    From my own experiences I can say I often felt stressed after a while - not entertained by simply enjoying good races......

• Like Like x 2
  17. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Heck for me, with a 3 year old running around, when he goes to bed I want no comittment to anything. I could not even find time to make the club races or would have to drop out mid race to deal with issue with kid or something, which I really felt bad doing. Throw in a little lag and I've stayed away lately and just hopped in a race here n there. Getting more interested in single player races though vs my usual time trials.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    For all of you craving online race join us on Saturday.
    Open event.
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/esr-public-events-drop-in-on-week-ends.3250/

19. Andre Rajkovic

Andre Rajkovic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    SIGNED! Same here, iRacing online plattform is GREAT but the cars, tracks and driving physics are not my first choice :(

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1