Question Multiplayer Server List

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Stefan Mizzi, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Hi Sector 3 :)

Is it possible that I make a Multiplayer Server List like I did for Assetto Corsa? :)

https://ac.justrace.net

I tried analyzing your post request and it seems to be all encrypted which means you do not want anyone to mess with it :D

Anyway, let me know if I'm allowed... :rolleyes:

Cheers
    Stefan

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  2. CirKan

CirKan Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    What a great idea, multiplayer RaceRoom page leaves much to be desired regarding the tools to filter servers.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  3. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Getting nostalgic for the good old VROC days eh? Would be nice to be able to build a proper server browser which supported chat, filters, etc etc. Would open up loads of possibilities regarding player ratings and stuff too.

The game client would have to be able to be instructed to connect to a particular MP server by an external app, and the master server list would have be accessible outside the game client

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Not really :) All I want is a simple mp server list so that if I am in the garden or out dont have to open the game and see whats going on mp. if I see something interesting I open game and race ;)

5. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Nah, you want more, admit it ;)

An app that can launch the game passing an MP server ip address and password. And an external server app that maintains a list of drivers and their race start / finish ratio and other data. The external app generates passwords for servers so when someone launches the dedi server app this external server app can generate a password for it. This password is then made available from the external app via its client app when clients try to connect to a server, but only clients matching certain criteria (rating).

And you want a chat window. And other stuff. And you want to integrate it into your dashboards. And you want my app to get driver info too so it can be appropriately rude about drivers with low rating

Go on, admit it ;)

6. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Well, as they say “You are only limited by your own imagination” :)

Yesterday I joined a GT3 race and the wreck fast there was....wow.....my first R3E race that left me speechless.....actually, I swore at them and left.

So yeah, I want more, always......but its not easy to do such things so nowadays I just try to make simple things :)

And to add more, I did in the past such things, you spend hours and hours on projects and at the end only a handful end up using them like what happened with rF2.....two app like this http://beta.proracing.club/ and http://servers.proracing.club/ tons of hours for nothing...so Im not very enthusiastic anymore to spend tons of hours for nothing :)

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  7. canF1

canF1 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Wow, an old thread that didn't pull any attention, sadly. Means that a program like this will never be released I guess. Shame.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nir Tal

Nir Tal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    OMG, how did u find this thread ?
    Its a great idea which S3 should support

9. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Well,in theory its possible for me to do this server list and you could even join the race from the web, no need to open the game.

But for this to be possible, one would need to install JR server manager and JR client tool to join.

10. canF1

canF1 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Well, I feel need something like this if I'm playing any game that has multiplayer support, but for Raceroom it's more important because it has higher chance of turning me back because of 'not enough servers'. So I believe the idea 'to not have the game opened for just a look at available servers' should come out of idea form. For example, look at this site;
    https://web.truckyapp.com/map/
    How beautiful is it? EU #2 server has capacity of 4000 players and that site can track and draw most of them on map at the same time.
    Of course it's complex and further developed from what I want but the good thing is I'll be pleased if %10 of this done for Raceroom. So I was searching time to time if anything like this has come out then I found this old dusty thread.

@Stefan Mizzi Has anything that eased implementing this stuff changed since Dec 2, 2015?

11. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
  12. canF1

canF1 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I wrote this a while ago. Then we had "RaceRoom Multiplayer Ranking", which lists servers. Similar to what I've wanted. And in addition to that, if page can also list the track info of particular server, that would be great.

13. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  14. canF1

canF1 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0