Question my first ever venture in to sim racing

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by eddietwoshoes2, Jan 19, 2021.

1. eddietwoshoes2

eddietwoshoes2 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    i have now been racing for 10 years in gran Turismo and forza motorsport One day it crossed my mind that i would look in to sim racing i have heard a lot about it and how close it is to real racing. So i searched on line talk about being spoilt for choice one sim caught my eye it was race room, so i went on you tube and typed in race room and boy what a selection two videos caught my eye created by dave cam and d d f racer their comments on race room were great. So logged on steam to see if they got it i typed in race room and there it was so i installed race room on my p c. What a great sim which includes free content, after spending almost 4 hours driving getting used to the cars and tracks i decided to buy the big pack containing all the cars and all the tracks and what a selection very detailed it is going take me weeks to learn all the tracks im going do it in three stages pratice race against the a i then race on rookie servers the end

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  2. Bryce Waard

Bryce Waard Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Congrats and welcome to R3E! One word of advice, don’t try to learn all the cars and all the tracks. Take it slow, start in the rookie series and build from there. RaceRoom is a completely different sim than any other and it’s easy to get overwhelmed. This is a sim and not a game like forza and gran turismo, and I don’t mean to down play them at all, both are a lot of fun and have their place, but this is different. Go slow, learn, but most of all, enjoy it!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cercata

Cercata New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Welcome, don't rush and enjoy the journey !!!!!

4. eddietwoshoes2

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    thank you for your advice

5. eddietwoshoes2

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    i will and thank you