My issues with AI after a long hiatus.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Loki-D, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Loki-D

Loki-D Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    So having had RR uninstalled for a very long time, I was impressed with some of the recent car packs and updates to the game. Seen updates like pressures and flat spots coming to the sim intrigued me to reinstall and have another bash.
    SO the sim actually feels ok now im on TSPC racer and more detail and strength than py previous t300, ffb feels ok I suppose and physics are getting there compared to more known "hardcore" sims, especially with the new cars alex seemed to of worked on.

Ok so lets race the AI ……

oh my im nearly quiting are restarting pretty much every other race.

So theyre
    • too strong on the starts, need more random performances on the start from ai
    • far too aggressive still with no awareness of you in front of them or beside them! Just do an open wheeler to see how ridiculous AI races can get. Tourers I suppose a little kiss here n there are ok, but in open wheelers nah. Even so getting sideswiped by all classes of AI is annoying, and its not my speed before anyone says. Ive been bump drafted by ai along a straight which ends up me spinning?!
    • Do AI even suffer with cold tyres and brakes? they seem to have optimal grip and brakes from the start.
    • AI seem to have super brakes, could be related to the above point.
    Other than that they could be quite good and fun but they do get very frustrating to race, RR has come a long way and its really getting there, but the AI do make for public lobby style racing.

P.S: please update those 92 DTM cars. please...…………:)

2. anno900

anno900 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Hi Loki-D,
    which class did you drive.
    The AI has some issues since last patch. Sector3 is working on it as you can read in some other threads.
    But your points do not conform with my experiences (everyone experiences things different of course). Why I reply here is, that quite the oppsite of what you describe is what I see.
    I do races where I always start mid-pack. Especially in the 1st few corners it is quite easy to gain spots. So I experience the complete opposite of your arguments 1 and 3.
    Argument 2 is correct for the last patch. Awareness of the AI was better before. That it is not perfect is clear, but human oppenents aren't as well.
    Argument 4. I can always outbrake AI running into a slow 1st/2nd gear corner. Even if I am 50-100 meter behind them.
    It was already discussed in other threads that AI is basically too fast in fast turns (e.g. Pouhon at spa) and too bad in braking zones (e.g. T1 at Nurburgring, La Source at Spa etc.).

No offense here, just my experience and I only posted it cause your experince is the complete oppsite of mine (in spite of argument 2).

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. benoityip

benoityip Active Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    Some class are good and some class are not so good.

In Macau, the AI cannot even do a hairpin properly.

4. W2Racing

W2Racing Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I'd just like to know which other sims are hardcore compared to Raceroom. I own every other notable sim on the market (iRacing - 11 year subscriber, rf1, rf2, AC, ACC, AMB, Pcars2, etc) and I don't think Raceroom is any less "hardcore" than any of them.

From my experience the only sims that are in category with Raceroom are rF2 and possibly ACC. Pcars 2 has terrible AI (you can literally stop the entire field by parking in the middle of the track and somehow they can't figure a way around), and AC is perhaps even worse.

• Agree Agree x 3