Problem Need help please.

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Tr3voRR, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Tr3voRR

Tr3voRR Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

I don't know what the issue is with my game... anything I launch (race, practice laps, etc) I get major stuttering after 20 sec in the game. The FPS loss isn't that big, it ranges maximum to a 10 fps drop and average 4 fps drop.

I have tried the put the setting to the lowest possible and it doesn't affect anything. Any graphical setting I put will have the same effect. I have deleted everything and reinstalled everything but that doesn't do the trick.

It's not an hardware issue because all my games run perfectly fine max out (assetto, rfactor 2, cod, DCS, assassin creed, etc to name a few). Nothing over heats, I am over the recommended setting (but than again even on extremely low I have to problem). I tried without vsync and it stutters even with 80 fps.

What is the issue please ? It's been like that since the february 2015 update. The game is unplayable.

2. Frank25

Frank25 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    That is the easter present for us from sector 3 studios. I have the same problems since the update. Read my post "Problems with shadows and performance since update".
    They've changed the shadow model of the game and that causes our problems. With the option "Shadow Split" set to "ON", the other graphics options seem not to have much influence on the framerate any more. Even the reduction of the other shadow options "Shadows", "Car Shadows" and "Contact Shadows" helps not to improve the framerate.
    This is a BIG FAT BUG and should be repaired with a hotfix.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  3. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    It's a big fat bug that doesn't seem to be affecting everyone, I have no problems at all at the moment and have actually even been able to increase some of the graphics settings even on my limited hardware.

@Tr3voRR could you possibly list your hardware, maybe we could see if there is a common element that's being affected, for example, the guys I usually race with, all run AMD GPUs and have no issues so maybe it could be a localized issue with nVidia GPUs or a certain GPU, just an example mind.

4. Tr3voRR

Tr3voRR Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I have an asus r9 290x, i7 4970k and 16gb ram from corsair. I use to be able to run the game perfectly with the same GPU and the same driver with everything maxed out + vsync. Now nothing does it, it's not a performance issue because even with everything set too extreme low it has the same issue.

5. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to ask, I'm sure you've already checked. Are your hardware drivers all up to date?

6. Tr3voRR

Tr3voRR Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Yes they are and with the older ones or the new ones I have the same issue. Could it be some sort of corruption between my account and the game ? I think the issue came from February update, but after the update I think it was working fine then I purchased the hillclimb pack (although I already had the cars except one) and when I played to tried them I was experiencing this freaking stutter... My memory is a little vague since it's been a month and a half, but maybe it's a data corruption. Not in my computer but with their servers or however the game works (I reinstalled freshly but that didn't do it).

7. Reaper

Reaper New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've been disconnected from every online race I've tried to do since the Feb update and purchasing the hillclimb pack, + it takes 2/3 minutes to get into the main menu now and at least a minute between clicking Ready and actually being in the car.

8. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Besides a possible case for the CPU being overworked (very unlikely with your i5 though), I'd tend to agree that it's something on the software side, corruption or maybe a memory leak, very difficult to know with my limited knowledge I'm afraid.

I'd suggest finding a piece of software to monitor your CPU/GPU usage while your running R3E and hope the maybe @Sonat Ozturk can shed some insight or at least pass this problem on to someone in the know.

Other then that, I'm sorry but once we've covered the basics, I'm out of ideas.

You may find a solution HERE, a very knowledgeable group. Sorry I can't be of more help.

9. Tr3voRR

Tr3voRR Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I have an i7 4970k @4.5ghz. It's not a hardware problem since more demanding games I own have got zero issue. This is the only game that is causing this problem and the fact it has the issues with everything set too low just backs up the not hardware issue :/ I wish it was that simple. I feel it's some sort of corruption for sure. Something is not being done write between the game and their servers and what not.

10. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
  11. Frank25

Frank25 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    The same feature for Downsampling of nvidia called DSR was the reason for the lower framerate in the game, that I had. Since I have deactivated the DSR-Resolutions, that I use for older games (e.g. GTR2), the framerate in R3E is exact the same as it was before the update. And I'm 100% sure, that my resolution of the game was always 1920x1080 60Hz. Since the update on Tuesday, there seems to be a bug with the compilation of the shaders of the shadows. The hotfix on wednesday fixed a shader compilation crash that was occurring when shadow settings were set to low/OFF. But the problem seems to be not fixed complete yet.
    See also my post Problems with shadows and performance since update

12. Tr3voRR

Tr3voRR Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    No I haven't activated VSR

13. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

While this doesn't seem to affect everyone it seems to happen to a lot of players so it is something we're definitely looking into.

This occurs on high end pc's as well which makes me doubt it's a typical performance issue. Before we even go deeper into this I can think of asynchronous rendering and/or shadow rendering issue. It also might be hardware related, specifically AMD graphics cards.

Rest assured we will look into this issue.

14. Tr3voRR

Tr3voRR Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Ok thank you, because it's really a mystery :/. No matter what I do in the setting it doesn't fix anything and my hardware is fine since I can play all my other games (and some a lot more demanding), nor is the amd driver. Really hoping for a fix, sucks not being able to play it for almost two month now.

15. Tr3voRR

Tr3voRR Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    The problem comes from using the xbox one controller, it over use the cpu for some reason. It's the same issue Assetto Cosa had. That's what needs to be fix. I tried with a keyboard and I got zero problem, I hook up my xbox one controller and the issue was present.