Need help with Nvidia and In game graphic settings

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jbfan, Jun 14, 2019.

1. jbfan

jbfan Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hello All,
    I have tried almost every recommended combination of Nvidia settings I could find on these forums to make RRE look good and I am still experiencing Aliasing (tearing & flickering) and overall distortion. It just looks bad! Very frustrating because RRE is my favorite sim and obviously I want it to look as good as it possibly can on my PC (don't we all?) Here are my PC specs:
    AMD X4 860 Quad Core 3.70
    Windows 10 - 64 bit
    8 Gigs RAM
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    Single display: 1920x1080 @ 60 refresh rate
    Windows 10 64bit

I am using Nvidia Inspector to "fine tune" the GPU settings but I can't seem to find the right combination of Inspector settings and In game settings. I have tried A LOT of combinations and I don't know what I'm missing. I feel like it is almost there but just not quite as good as it could be. I'm not worried about CPU performance because my PC runs the sim great. I just want to improve the graphics.
    Thank You

2. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    I don't use nVidia inspector, so can't comment on this. But I have quite good results using the ingame settings and the control panel only. I have an i7 8700 and a GTX1070, so maybe you need to adapt the level of filtering on your end but this is what I did and has proven to be really good for me:

I maxed out about everything in the in game settings. I don't usr motion blur as I don't like it, but the rest in all maxed out, with one exception: I disabled the ingame FXAA.

Since the in game settings don't support any anisotropic filtering, I activated this and maxed it out in the nVidia control panel.

And now comes the funny part: I activated FXAA in the nVidia control panel.

Normally FXAA shouldn't be necessary at all when you have "real" AA methods enabled, but without FXAA I still get a lot of jagged edges at some parts of the cars, even with real AA maxed out. And by testing around I found out that the nVidia FXAA gives a far better result than the in game FXAA. Image doesn't get so blurry and still smoothes the edges that are jagged without it quite nicely. I guess this comes from the order in which the FXAA is applied within the rendering process. But this is pure speculation on my side.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. jbfan

jbfan Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Thank You for the response.
    So by "maxed out" I assume your in game AA is set to 8x?
    I will try your suggestions today.
    Thank You

4. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Could also try to enable Vsync see if that helps