New 599XX Evo 30 rim and Renovatio SLI-Style Data Display and Enclosure

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jeneric, May 25, 2016.

1. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    So I've just bought the Thrustmaster 599XX Evo 30 Wheel Alcantara Edition Add-On rim for my trusty old t500rs wheel base (still love this base), alongside a Renovatio SLI-Style Data Display and Enclosure. Must say, the wheel feels and looks the business when coupled with the display. Definitely a match made in sim racing heaven. Tried the combo out on the narrow, twisty streets of Macau and as expected, the wheel performs fabulously well here, with the display adding an extra level of immersion. It's all great stuff and I can thoroughly recommend both.

BTW, the rim is of course a Ferrari branded wheel, but as I'm not a huge fan, I've covered the Ferrari logo with a BMW horn badge. Apologies to any tifosi out there. :)

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: May 25, 2016
  2. Jeneric

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Thanks gongo. I should have said that I'm running the display with your software and not the official program. Loving your work and look forward to the future improvements you mentioned. A tweak to fuel usage would be nice, especially as there is a minor issue when restarting races. But as it stands, your code is still miles ahead of the stock software.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 26, 2016
  3. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
  4. Jeneric

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    No problem - Speaking as a QA engineer, who tests professional TV broadcast software, I fully appreciate the need for good logging, when trying to troubleshoot. Looking forward to the fix.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jeneric

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Not sure it does out the box. Think you might have to get an additional face plate, but I'm not sure. Check out this link:
    http://www.ricmotech.com/Sim_Racing_Instrument_Dashboard_p/rdv-srd-9c-tm.htm

Buying it for the Ricmotech site might work out a little cheaper, if you decide to buy. I ordered mine from there and it only took 5 days to arrive (I live in the UK).

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Thanks - I think it looks like the same thing as the one listed on the Ricomotech site. I'll check with Ricometech first to see if it's compatible with the T300/TX first, though

7. Jeneric

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    No worries. Good luck.