Question Data Displays Questions, Suggestions, Issues

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Christian G, Jun 1, 2017.

1. EfeCan

EfeCan New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    GT40 same issue

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yea, the Ford GT uses the same MoTec CDL3 display as some other cars, like the RUF f.e.
    What I wrote earlier applies to that car as well of course, it has been fixed internally and should be published soon.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
  3. matteman

matteman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    @Christian Göpfert .
    Hi Christian, has this little bug been fixed ? My CDL3 displays are still having issues.
    Thanks.

4. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Maybe, but the update has not yet been deployed for the public, unfortunately :(

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Christoph

Christoph Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    I hope the data displays work soon.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Been away for a couple of days and to my surprise the display fixes didn't make it into the last patch, the focus with that one was on fixing the MP related issues obviously.

While that happened we stumbled upon some new issues... maybe the team wanted to sort those too before deploying the display fixes. So again, I can't say when the display fixes will go live, simply because I don't know. Sorry if I got your hopes higher than I should have.

I'll ask for a timely release again and I do hope for a patch containing the display fixes next week. (But, you know...see above ^^)

Hang in a little longer guys, we're almost there.

Best regards

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  7. Karting06

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    It's not your fault Christian!

Maybe for tomorrow? As a birthday gift to me? :D
    Thanks for the update :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Surely wouldn't mind that. :D But doubt it... :oops:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Christoph

Christoph Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Same on Dytona Prototype.

Looks like this Display is not finished?
    Tyre temp always 24 degree.

Surprised too, that Chevy Datona, Nissan and RUF use same Displays ;-)

Camaro GT3 no Tyre Temps, Audi R18 gear indicator broken.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  11. Macaquinho

Macaquinho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +219 / 0 / -0
    Radical shift lights are constantly on

211500_20170618131013_1.png

12. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Thats the same display like in Daytona Proto. Same Display, same problems.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Little update: No patch this week, the team is very busy atm. Maybe next week.
    However, I used the time to go through all the displays another time and found some more little things. They'll try to fix as many of those as possible before the next patch.

Regarding sbXII's remark about the KTM display, I also put in a request to review that. I agree that most of the items on it (except the speed and rev-bar) are just too small. Especially the HUD version is more or less indistinguishable, so I asked them to scale that up a fair bit. If they are gonna change that, it will take a little longer tho.

Again, sorry for the delay.

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    The radical and the Daytona prototype both seem to be missing their rev counters and shift lights.

The fr3 display works but there's this weird multicoloured flashing square high up in front of the car in VR (cockpit view)

15. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Th first two things are known and fixed internally. Atm internally all displays basically work as intended, minus those little things I mentioned, but that's mostly cosmetics, art/design stuff. Let's just hope they all stay that way. ;)

The blinking UFO is also known afaik, and iirc they also found the cause of that.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  16. Karting06

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Hi Christian,

I don't know if it's known but the delta time is completely incorrect when doing a Lakeview Hillclimb in Reverse... (leaderboard challenge, Hillclimb Icon (JUDD 134), Get Real (of course!))
    It says -10.00, but my lap is approximately 20 seconds slower than my best one.
    The first time that I genuilely thought that I was making a superb lap with -10 sec, but it turned out that I was +0.6 sec slower :(
    Here is a proof:
    [​IMG]

17. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I just tried to reproduce it in the test build, but there it worked as intended.
    Because I can't check the public version atm and because the display is broken: Does the delta work on regular tracks tho? Can't remember if that bit worked on the otherwise broken CDL3 display.
    And if so, are you maybe chasing an older ghost, i.e. has the time you're chasing been set some time ago?

18. Karting06

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    I was chasing the second time. But my time was set with the broken delta displays (this week I think). In fact, the -10 sec happens really quickly (in the first sector already).
    But when you look at the leaderboards, you also have a strange white line (the number 6 is not shown): http://game.raceroom.com/leaderboard/?track=2181&car_class=class-1685&driving_model=2

In the normal Lakeview, I didn't notice it.
    On the Nordschleife, Anderstorp, Norisring and Stowe, it works like intended. Just one time, I saw that it was incorrect at the Nordschleife Tourist (it said -3, but in reality it was like -1).

EDIT: And it happened a lot yesterday in the lakeview reverse (every time, I think)...
    EDIT2: I also stopped completely, and after some time, it changed in -9, -8, ... So, it's not blocked at -10 sec. But I don't really know how he calculated that...

19. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the info. I'll give it a few more tries, maybe challenge another drivers time and see what happens. But might well be conected to the buggy display and doesn't happen for me here anymore.

God spotting regarding the leaderboard, that seems to be broken, the division headers are missing. Interestingly the Raceroom Hillclimb reverse LB seems to have the same issue, looks like sth's not working as it should with the reverse boards. I'll forward that one.

20. Karting06

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0