Question Data Displays Questions, Suggestions, Issues

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Christian G, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Ahh, that rings a bell. I *think* a leaderboard will only be split into divisions if it exceeds a certain number of entries, a hundred I think. And deleting the driving model bit sets the difficulty from "get real" to "all", so that makes sense cause in "all" there's more entries of course.
    But that blank line is still not supposed to be there.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  2. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    The time set by SVG Biosport?

3. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Indeed (because the first one is a bit too fast :p)

4. Karting06

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Hi Christian,

I have been doing Hillclimb this evening, and I made a present for you :). The proof of what I said in a video.

My best time was "fresh" (I did a lap or two before). And in bonus, it (the delta) did a lot of strange things during that lap: -10, no delta anymore, then suddenly +/- correct.

BUT, after that, I made an even beter lap (I'm now just behind the person that has the blank line, named M. Hafnar). And I don't have that problem anymore :eek:
    So, it looks to be related to my best time?

And in the Coronel Competition, it looks like the delta is not comparing the best lap, but the best lap of the day. Is that possible?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yea, you found some of the things I found out too in the meantime.

Indeed the delta field doesn't work as one would (and probably should) expect when doing a LB Challenge atm. When starting a new Challenge session it does not take your best lap time (your ghost data) as reference, because it can't. My theory is that the delta logic simply doesn't cover that scenario atm, because the delta time as it is right now shows the deviation of your current lap to your best lap in that session. That's the crucial flaw, because as soon as you hit that "restart" button or leave the LB session (go back to main menu) and go back in, a new session is being started, which results in the reference being reset. If you finish a stint during which you set a new best lap time and then click the "go back to the start" button in the menu that appears after you cross the finish line it should work as intended, showing your delta to your best session time (which you just set before).
    This has been reported and will be investigated.

Now for that video...What I *think* went wrong there was that it somehow gathered the reference of another (possibly an older) lap time/ghost and got fuxored by that.

Thanks for your info and the effort, I appreciate it and will forward what you mentioned about the Coronel competition.
    Don't know how long it will take to fix this and what the final sollution will be, but I'm sure the guys can work it out.

Best regards

Christian

6. Karting06

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I agree.
    It makes sense then why the delta doesn't work on your first lap.
    But, when I made the video, it was my best lap of the day and my best lap ever for that challenge. So, there is still a bug.

In fact, it would be cool to have the delta with the challenged ghost, that should be more possible because you have loaded that ghost?

In the DTM (the eSport thing), I find that the green color is really difficult to see (especially at the steering wheel)...
    And you're welcome ;)

Attached Files:

7. Julien Frinaire

Julien Frinaire Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Question: is there any possibility to have the full data display at the center bottom of the screen and not only at the right bottom please? Thanks in advance :)

8. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Not for the moment, sorry.
    There might come a day when the HUD will be more flexible/customisable, but for now it is how it is.

That's how I think it should work, yes. At least that's what I asked for. ;)
    Good point, hadn't really noticed that so far, guess I got used to it. Maybe they can at least make it a little darker.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  9. Julien Frinaire

Julien Frinaire Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Hope for fixes today.

11. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Todays update includes a bunch of display related fixes. Most major issues and many small ones should have been resolved.
    But of course you're still welcome to report any findings related to the displays in here.

Thanks for your patience and helpful reports, and enjoy the results.

Cheers

Christian

• Like Like x 3
  12. XXVI Sol

XXVI Sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    can a selected gear display be added in classic cars?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Karting06

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Hi Christian,

I'm back with Hillclimb experiences :p
    In Practice (or training, I have it in French), the delta is completely wrong.
    I was behind, I took him over (because I crashed earlier), but I was still at +10 sec. At 00:57, it changes:

And please do something for that irritating thing on the screen...

14. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    We've talked about this. Decision...is still pending. ;) But I won't get my hopes to high tbh.
    What I did request was to have a shift light in all cars tho, cause some don't have anything on the dash.

@Karting06 the hillclimb thing is still being investigated.
    But what's the irritating thing you were talking about?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Karting06

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    The thing with your name on it, it comes a bit before the first sector, and never disappears.
    On tracks, it stays a couple of seconds and then it disappears. On the video, it never disappears :/

16. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Ahso....
    I thought you were talking about sth on the data display. :D

• Like Like x 1
  17. Karting06

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    No problem :)
    I saw this yesterday, there is a small inconsistency between the real HUD and the virtual HUD (amount of fuel). It's only with this virtual hud :)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Right, good catch. Data displays show the actual default amount. Mini HUD was created like this, with the infinity symbol, but the team agrees to have that the same as the new displays now.

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  19. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    I tried to drive the GT3 RUF on Nordschleife VLN (leaderboard) and found that delta time stops working as soon as I enter the Green Hell. The display acts like there's no reference time anymore. 100% reproducible.

20. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    Is there a button to cycle backwards through the pages?

If not can we get one?

:)