New Features/ Options wishlist 2020-2021

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Turtle Power, Dec 16, 2019.

1. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    It's a weird thing with otterhud. Once it's enabled the in game start lights disappear and never come back, so then you can only use the otterhud lights.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Haha I didn't know that, thanks. It's a good job I don't want them then.

3. Mid Night

Mid Night Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    How restricted are you (S3) when it comes to car skins?

Wouldn't it be possible to have more liveries for the Glickenhaus based on real life Ferrari GT3 cars?

Just mimicking the overall Livery design. It doesn't even have to be the exact sponsors.

This way you could mimic the DTM Ferraris as well as the ones from GT world Challenge and all the other GT3 series.
    I would guess James Glickenhaus wouldn't be too restrictive with what Livery is allowed on his virtual car.

I would also happily offer you my help as I'm a professional Livery designer and already worked for many Racing Teams.

4. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Liveries are very restricted. They all have to be signed off by the manufacturer. That's why custom liveries is not a thing in raceroom.

5. bksz

bksz New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    In game deltas (not over otterhud)
    Lap times visible with a mark if invalid (instead of just stopped counting) if a minor incident
    Please enable Virtual Mirror only in cockpit (disable mirrors while virtual mirror is active)

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. SchlesiM

SchlesiM Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Absolutely agree: I'd really love to have my current lap time (and last lap time) info still displayed, even if a lap is invalid.

At least when training a track because there you often want to test different approaches (which sometimes fail ;)) but still want to be able to evaluate your performance.

It would be good to keep the current "invalid" info and have the lap time shown in red color.

Could be a real "motivation boost" sometimes.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  7. cheesycrouton

cheesycrouton New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I would really like to see the following added to the sim:
    -Dedicated server: restricted/mandated car setups
    -Dedicated server: list the full setup each car is using
    -Replay: Show gas/brake/shifting input of all opponent cars
    -Single player races against AI: allow setting ballast for yourself (helpful when practicing for club racing)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Daniel Fowler

Daniel Fowler New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    What I would like:

Updated graphics, day-night transition and weather.

Honestly, if this game had it, it would be a massive game changer.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
  9. Plutarch-Petrarch

Plutarch-Petrarch Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Literally.

10. Plutarch-Petrarch

Plutarch-Petrarch Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    It would be cool if as part of the replay system you could have post-processing filters - for example if you had GTO Classics at Sonoma you could put an NTSC filter on your replay to get that period Americana feel, or a VHS filter on a Touring Car race. I find I get excited about watching a replay and then just not getting into it - the filters would create meta-immersion!!

And I'm more than ready to be told that a simple-seeming idea would be in reality extremely difficult to implement...

11. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Just use reshade if you want that kind of thing. Works very well.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    A little thing... the game currently saves your car and track selection from your last session (i.e. after going out of the sim and back in), but not the AI Opponents so you have to reload it each time.

Would be nice if AI Opponents were saved as well...

13. Tim Grainger

Tim Grainger New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yeah - why not just change it to red or something so you know it's invalid on the way around.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Tim Grainger

Tim Grainger New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    RIVALS/ HEAD TO HEAD RECORD

I'd like to see some kind of RIVALS feature whereby you can see your head-to-head record against other people in the race with you (ideally some kind of algorithm that identifies you as closely matched rivals). I see familiar names when I'm racing but not sure if I've raced them before and whether we've been closely matched in the past.

If I've missed another way to do this already please let me know.

15. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    Referring back to an old post of mine, I've just watched a Spanish streamer and his version of RR has the % displayed....

[​IMG]

Is he running a Beta?

16. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    I think these numbers are from custom web UIs. I don't have any and the game only shows me the TC setting like 1, 2, 3, etc. No percents.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
  17. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    That was my first thought but the placement and font are identical to the vanilla (non 3rd party) version.

18. SerVik

SerVik New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I support this suggesions. Multiplayer races broadcasters get driver's data from Shared Memory Telemetry. Having gas/brake (clutch for that matter) and local acceleration values for all cars would allow broadcasters to have in cocpit views, the kind real F1 broadcastings have. It would make such streams much more interesting to watch.

My suggestion: a flag value for fixed/open setup sessions in Shared Memory Telemetry.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2021
  19. chakkman

chakkman Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I would like to see a better collision model. The way it is now is, in my opinion, too forgiving. If you bump harder in another car, especially when it's in a state of being on the limit of grip, there should just be a slight bump, but, also, quite a difference in weight distribution, which causes you to have no mor grip, sending you into a slide, or you completely spin around. In my races, and also the live streams I've watched, in Raceroom, that seems to be too forgiving.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. azaris

azaris Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    This is gonna be a hard sell for the online player base.