new graphics card

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hector, Apr 15, 2015.

1. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    I can do everything at max on a single screen with no issue with a GTX770. Triple screen is also quite fine with everything at max but 2x aa and I don't use split shadow to keep it way above 60fps at 5760x1080(+bezel) a 4 gig version would most likely get everything at max on triple.

2. SwaggerJacker

SwaggerJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Ronin, what would be the approximate cost to ship a video card from the US to the UK? Anyone know?

Swagg

3. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    @SwaggerJacker no idea, tried to get a cost by going through the UPS site but it wouldn't give me a price without signing up. Why, what you thinking?

4. SwaggerJacker

SwaggerJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    just curious as to how much you guys pay if buying from the US or vice versa. Almost a hundred bucks for even a small package. that's crazy.

5. hector

hector New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the reply, my cpu is i7 3770@3.4ghz

6. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    So, "acquired" that GPU I mentioned in a previous post, turned out to be a MSI R7 250 ( :( ), although not the nVidia Geforce GTX 660 I was hoping for, it's still better than my current ATi (Sapphire) HD 4670 1GB (Just), problem is, it's isn't initializing.

Just popped it in the oven, wish me luck lol. o_O

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  7. GroovyMotion

GroovyMotion Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    @hector this is quite a nice cpu, even if it's Ivy Bridge it's quite more powerful than my FX-6300! :)
    @Ronin_GTDave that sux!
    The recipe says you should set your oven to 450F, preheat 30min and then bake for 2 hours! :eek::D