Question New gt4 AMG trye model

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by MARRIANNE, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  2. MARRIANNE

MARRIANNE New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey Ravey boy as a paying customer i suppose i am entitled to expect a product i bought to be free of defects.
    This should have been spotted while product was in Beta
    I guess the AMG should be fine at the new Negaro circuit, maybe they where in Beta at the same time

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  3. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    There is nothing wrong with the AMG anywhere. It has one base/default setup that is used at all tracks, there are no per track setups supplied.

If you can't control your tyre temperatures then that's driver error. You have heard of real life drivers "looking after" their tyres right? You should do the same.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    It also seems fine at Zandvoort. At least it looks as expected for that track and in no way defective. This is what I get after seven laps using the default setup with just a tad more camber and a 5kPa reduced pressure for the front left.

[​IMG]

Oli

[​IMG]

• Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  5. MARRIANNE

MARRIANNE New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Your base setup at Zandvoort has 1 tire doing all the work a 3 doing nothing thats a great start for user;s of your product, Have you heard in real life of drivers using one setup across the season ??????.
    i can't control the temps because i aint got the tools in the pits to do that, if i got out and pushed it round i think i would
    be overheating the tire, is this a sim ?????, where to i get official customer support when i buy your products i am told i am not eligible for a refund that does not mean you can feed me BS, and i can almost taste it

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. MARRIANNE

MARRIANNE New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    not to bad Oli and you were not hanging about, dont know if you would agree but the trace looks like a FWD not RWD

7. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    @MARRIANNE I don't get you. By the very nature of Zandvoort, it's quite expected that your left tyres are much hotter. Why do you think it's wrong? What's wrong specifically with AMG? Why do expect a single default setup for a car to handle such an unbalanced circuit?

It would sure be good to have alternative setups for such tracks but no one promised it, so we still get what we were getting all these years.

8. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    He's either trolling or just stupid. Set him to ignore and move on.

• Like Like x 2
  9. MARRIANNE

MARRIANNE New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  10. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    first off all.. there are certain tracks that tend to kill tyres. That's just how it is. No setup in the world will ever completely get rid of it. It's just the track's layout and not a "defective" setup or car, that's ridiculous.
    If you notice a tyre melting, you are allowed to adjust the setup to make it a bit better, but don't expect miracles. It would be more helpful if you learn some tyre management, but you seem to just want a solution without putting any effort into... that's not how it works. this is not a f**in arcade racer.
    Just don't blame your unwillingness to learn and to adapt to difficult situations on tracks on the car, the setup or the devs. It's just you!

• Like Like x 3
  11. MARRIANNE

MARRIANNE New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Racing regulations dictate how unsafe/safe your car can be,yon cannot just turn up with a bathtub with a roll cage, pirelli state that temp gradients across the GT3 tyre should not exceed 20 c and front to back should not exceed 20 c cannot remember delta for across axle L/R the same i guess, this is as far as they are concerned worse case scenario, if this was the best you could achieve you may has well pack yer bags and go home, but you prob would no get DQed but would fall foul somewhere else like 110% rule for example.
    so i return to original question has anybody found a balanced setup for the AMG I KNOW HOW TO SET UP A CAR BUT I MAY NOT KNOW HOW TO USE THE SOFTWARE, I assume not all real world principles may equate well into a game, BOP is also a issue if i am not given acces to all the allowable tools in the pit, then finding out AI run with optimal settings may has well throw me under a bus.

12. MARRIANNE

MARRIANNE New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    AMG - ZANDVOORT - race pace - ai at 100% all settings default - wheel driver at 720Deg - lap 7 trace- no loss of grip noticed

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. Gordie

Gordie Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I just tested this exact race setup and had 96 deg on the FL inner at the end. Avg. lap times 1:48. Race pace at 100% for AI is ~1:52.

Seems to me you're overdriving the car way too much to get temps like that - unless of course this is a deliberate test of grip loss at high temps.

As the others have already said, there's nothing wrong with the car or default setup.

With your wheel driver set to 720 does it match the rotation of the wheel in-game?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Not this time. Tyre temps are fixed in test drive.

15. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    While we're at it, what happens in real life with tyres at 120+ degrees? I'm having a massive overheating problem in an M235i on tracks like Sepang. FL hits 120+ degrees on lap 4 and the temps keep building up. But the car still drives fine, the tyres still have grip and they still degrade at a more or less normal rate. Does it reflect real life? I'd expect them to lose grip and start falling apart very quickly.

16. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    From what I gather, the tyre compound plays a significant role. Hard compounds, even massively overheated still hold up well, whereas the stuff on cars like Hillclimb Icons lasts as long as an ice cream on a hot day even if you are super careful.

Going back to the OP, now we actually have a screen of temps, it shows the middle temp and pressure of the RF to be the highest, which is not liked by the game physics engine and will cause more wear.. You should lower pressure until you get that temp down to 125 degrees (you might need to reduce it by 20 clicks) and also reduce camber, if there is margin to do so, so that the inner temp is about 10 degrees more than the outer. In this case we´d be looking at 120, 125, 130 as ballpark.

Less camber on the RF and RR too and a bit less pressure on the LR. See how you go with that. Single lap grip will be worse but they should last longer in the race. As mentioned before too, inputs are a factor so try putting steering lock down to minimum until you can just make the tightest turn on the track and see if that helps too.

I would prefer the game to go back to allowing tyre pressure adustments in fixed setup mode if the tyre wear model is on (it´s not a mechanical or aero change to the car, rather a tweak like adding more or less fuel). I have the exact same issue with Silhouettes at Portimao and Zandvoort and can mitigate it by adjusting pressures but not in fixed setup mode.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
  17. MARRIANNE

MARRIANNE New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey :cool:
    it would seem it is not me who is the uninformed customer :cool:
    you would fall off the track in my opinion :cool:
    it was a legit run-pushing hard at no time did the feel of the car tell me i needed to slow down, im here to race so i run at AI's pace +/-,set up was not ideal but grip levels should dictate performance on track.
    Have you read the Emperors New Clothes
    the story's title refers to something widely accepted as true or professed as being praiseworthy, due to an unwillingness of the general population to criticize it or be seen as going against popular opinion. The phrase "emperor's new clothes" has become an idiom about logical fallacies. The story may be explained by pluralistic ignorance. The story is about a situation where "no one believes, but everyone believes that everyone else believes. Or alternatively, everyone is ignorant to whether the emperor has clothes on or not, but believes that everyone else is not ignorant.
    nothing wrong with my hardware not going down that track (lol) 720 gives me finer control and i have no latency.
    if your overheating any trye or compound you have lost the battle
    should be fine then if the game engine does not like RF overheating has it is my LF THATS BOILING.
    This was testing default setup, in my own testing BOP limits my camber and not having castor does not help, i am begginning to wonder if all this is a bit of a storm in a t-cup has tyre temps seem to have no bearing on grip levels .

18. Gordie

Gordie Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    As your tyres screamed otherwise...
    You're overdriving, simple as that. I suggest you install Otterhud, use the tyre widget and learn to manage tyre temps.
    Why not adjust the steering in the setup and leave your hardware on it's maximum rotation or auto - as it should be.
    So does adjusting steering lock and angle in the setup.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    A fallacy, apparently. It seems as if you plough through all those Zandvoort right-hand corners with full understeer. However, even by violently abusing the steering lock, I can't force temps to rise as high as yours... And regarding grip: If I let my (front left) temps go beyond 110-115° (by pushing too much through Luyendijk and Scheivlak for example) I'm in no way able to do sub 1:47 laptimes anymore as I did here with acceptable values given the track https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/new-gt4-amg-trye-model.17609/page-2#post-229355 Overdriving a car just slows you down. Please give the proper steering ratio a chance and stop blaming tyre physics, missing caster adjustments or even pluralistic ignorance.

Oli

• Like Like x 2
  20. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, seems I got my front lefts and rights confused, not for the first time or the last, but the advice still stands for the LEFT front. I don´t have this car so I don´t know how low the camber can go but there should be margin enough to lower it to have a difference of max 10 degrees between inner and outer temps then lower the pressure of that tyre to have the centre value sit between the two extremes. The temps also have to be measured on the straight not just after a banked right hand corner as that is only one small part of the track.

A BOP won´t limit lower camber as that is a disavantage in terms of cornering grip. The thing is, if you are not doing long races e.g. over 20 minutes in a GT4, tyre temp and degradation are not really going to affect you much anyway and more camber is better then.

• Agree Agree x 1