Question New gt4 AMG trye model

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by MARRIANNE, Sep 14, 2021.

1. MARRIANNE

MARRIANNE New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey
    like smokie and the bandit grip was fine though and TC was happy, maybe they are just sound effects weird is that isn't it
    Maybe im a hot chick 8-p, Oli if your happy with sim thats great, again im using default setup i cannot find a suitable setup
    i have tried, if the car is fine perhaps you could post a setup,

2. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    For anyone interested in the physics and game engine part of game development and mistakes that can be made, this is a really honest interview from Reiza Studios. 32 minutes in till about 53 minutes. At the end they also calculate that AMS2 would have over 50k specific car/track setups if all cars and track combos were considered. I guess that´s a lot of man hours and as RRE has a similar level of content, there it´s just not a viable option to implement.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
  3. bubblejohns

bubblejohns Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    i find this thing needs more front and less rear arb, but itll begin to wonder a bit, even try adding damping to it. try some rear toe out get it turning, this is just like some fun old cars where you need to turn it earlier and protect the fronts. pretty much youre overdriving it. theres a larger complaint with gt4 than this

as for a car with a tire at 120. i can confirm itll behave like a tire.
    "a tire is a tire, its rubber" - Dave from, 2018
    itll actually hold okay, its not f1 they're not weird plastic formulations. the first sign theyre over heating is they lock up, but in a car with aggressive abs theyll take 10 meters more to slow it down

zandvoort just eats the front left in everything, its just what zandvoort does. bathurst and sachs will to the opposite

4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    It's not about Oli liking it or not, he is trying to replicate the error to see if it is an actual problem that needs to be addressed by the developers.
    If we cannot replicate it, we can't do anything about it.
    So far nobody who tried has been able to replicate your findings.

5. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    I found a couple of sources from Pirelli and they state 20 degrees across the tyre, 25 degrees delta between front and rear - "for optimal performance"; nothing about delta across axle. Also, these are measured after the run, in your garage, not live on track. If you exceed it, they recommend choosing a different compound or checking your suspension geometry, they say nothing about safety...

6. MARRIANNE

MARRIANNE New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey Christian :cool:
    so far nobody has posted any positive info/outcomes,it's my wheel settings, im overdriving, im a idiot. A driver who is underdriving will be shown the door pretty quick. Why dont you take it out and see what you think i dont see why i should pay to do Beta testing, my 12 year old at the time reported a bug and was treated like a gimp by Beta testers and their fan boys, ive spent 12.5 years round race cars and i didnt have a rich daddy so i guess i was there on merit and my sons observation was legit, which begs the question does a 12 year old have more sense than 90% of raceroom users.

OK thanks :cool: i think GT4 has only 1 compound though and tyre changes are not allowed unless you have a puncture.

EDIT forgot about the wets

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
  7. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    That´s real life and not a game where there are many more limitations like no weather, temperature, wind variations and limited track surface and wear simulation.

We have seen in F1 how critical pressures are to the 0.05 degree and they have whole teams of people just analysing tyres. A sim such as this is always going to be a compromise.

Perhaps @Alex Hodgkinson could provide the optimum tyre temps/pressures and variations on a car class by class basis as per the game engine and that would stop shooting in the dark. I remember the list was available to look up in AC and was one of the more critical setup features. Obviously each track will have its own specifics but if we know that WTCR should take a 20 variation and Gr5 a 5 degree variation then we know what we are aiming at. DTM92, for instance I have no idea and I know that camber can´t be changed on cars with a live rear axle.

8. MARRIANNE

MARRIANNE New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    which is it ??????

9. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, this part is from more general guidelines, for when different compounds are available.

Achieving these temps while also doing 1:47 seems pretty positive to me:
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/new-gt4-amg-trye-model.17609/page-2#post-229355

These are my temps for example:
    zand-lap10-temps.jpg
    Screenshot made while crossing the start-finish line after lap 10. Keyboard, 8 degrees steering lock, high TC settings. After about lap 5 the temps basically settled and were only increasing by a fraction of degree per lap (at this place on the track). The highest I saw was somewhere around 123-125 in Bocht 9.

I'm not here to disprove you, I already spent an hour driving this car because I want to learn more about what's happening. But again, why do you think what you saw is a bug and not your driving style? Does it happen all the time for you on this combination? What about other cars from the same class, like M4? What about a different class?

10. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    I think he already talked about that in some other thread. IIRC, for modern tyres the absolute optimum is 85, but the operating range (when temps are still considered fine) is 75-95.

11. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Yeah but some single seater are in the 55 window and I should have made the request more for camber angles. A lot of GT3s are getting 15--20 degrees variation of temp on the rears with default camber on a track like Monza, for instance. That seems too much to me for a long race and sometimes running minimum camber doesn´t even bring it down to less than a 10 deg difference.

Another case is the Audi DTM92. I sometimes need to reduce front left pressure by more than 10 degrees to have it sit in the middle and increase camber to the max level to have a 10 degree difference between inside and outside temps. Maybe for these older cars that´s too much difference, I have no idea. With the Silhouettes it´s often the same - too similar values between inner and outer front temps and the need to really reduce pressure a lot to bring the middle temp into sync, whereas with the rears the temp difference between inside and outside is off the charts so you have to almost run with no camber.

12. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Hey MARRIANNE :cool:
    What makes you assume I haven't?

13. MARRIANNE

MARRIANNE New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey :cool:
    what were your temps, were they also fine lol

14. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Hey :cool:
    I wasn't aware that I'm obliged to report my testing results to you, my bad.
    Just like everyone else, I found nothing out of the ordinary, temps were as expected on this track.
    lol

15. MARRIANNE

MARRIANNE New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Your not just thought it might be helpful thats all, so you just piped up to tell me no one could replicate my results and its my wheel settings,or im overdriving,or a idiot and now im told i cannot use real life has a point of reference, maybe my seating position is not suitable or my FOV is all wrong, rather than talking to me with nothing to say do your job and sort group 2 VW , Im in autoclutch and jim is telling me to mind my downshifts. Dont know if sector 3 pay you for your time but it seems to me they need to get rid of the dead wood, and if your on the payroll old Ravey boy seems to like insulting paying customers
    which i may deal with later. i buy a product with copy and paste setups which looks pretty but does not function and then get told i am not elgible for a refund, Your not dealing with a 12 year old now :cool:
    Wonder if you have thought of showing mercedes how poor their car is in game

16. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    I've ensured that all car setups by default will already bring the tyres in to the operating window after a handful of laps at most circuits. Use that information as you will. Obviously you will get exceptional circumstances such as a baking hot front-right at Sachsenring, which will always be an issue. Don't get too hung up on what optimal temperatures are because ultimately you can't do a whole lot to influence them.

Regarding tyre pressures, it's not as clear cut as you make out. There is no target to aim for, only a window of operation. Again, base setups are thereabouts already and should be tailored to suit each circuit using this method. There is no way of putting a definite number on tyre pressures to aim for because there are so many variables which affect what is optimal. Car weight, fuel load, spring rates, downforce, damper settings, anti-roll bar stiffness and tyre wear all affect what is optimal.

As an example, the BMW M6 & Nissan GTR both use the same tyre dimensions & type. However as the cars are vastly different so are their tyre pressure requirements. Try it for yourself, you'll see exactly what I mean.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. bubblejohns

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    doesnt rain in raceroom land

18. bubblejohns

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    why dont you post a lap, nvidia and radeon drivers have a replay capture upload it to youtube post like and ill watch it for you and give some actual feedback.
    also the vdub needs a bit of coercing to get in gear, its auto clutch but auto blip isnt hard enough on it, also had aloooot of over rev so need to let it drop more than expected.
    also dont read into fov shit, its the biggest load of gatekeeping, snobbery crap in the hobby, use what you like no one really cars, use bonnet cam like half the players do anyway

19. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I dared to "pipe up" in order to inform you that several people have tried to find the "defect" you keep talking about and didn't find anything unexpected happening. Tyres heating up and wearing down asymmetrically depending on the characteristics of the track they are used on is not a defect. I just thought this piece of information might be helpful, that's all. I'm terribly sorry if me laying out those simple facts upset you somehow, my liege.

Where in my posts you found all those things about wheel settings, overdriving, real life, seat position, FOV or idiocy is a bit of a mystery to me. It hadn't occurred to me that my responses contained that many lines to read between, I'm afraid I've just never been much of a poet.

What I'll also say in an annoyingly blunt way is that if you keep insulting staff, paid or not, you'll leave us no other choice than to close this thread.

Sincerely
    D. Wood

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    @MARRIANNE I have kept out of this thread for fear of you thinking the "establishment" is ganging up on you and I do not intend to comment on the subject of the thread.
    I do, however, note that you are now going down the personal insults line and in one case making a threat.
    Suffice it to say that this is not acceptable. Please do not carry on with that attitude.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021