New here - my initial thoughts on ULTIMATE GT NLR cockpit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ron Kramer, May 26, 2019.

1. Ron Kramer

Ron Kramer New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just got the ultimate GT setup. (doesn't seem as nice as the standard ? ).

1. My seat has what seems like a felt material. (not leather like... like the standard?)
    2. my frame doesn't seem nearly as nice as the standard? and no rails to slide forward and back.
    3. NO CARPET???????????????? I saw in video of the standard unboxing?
    4. I'm quite disappointed it doesn't switch over EASILY to Flight sim/Racing.
    5. I can't get the wheel as low and close as I'd like it. (I'm 5'7")

Overall I like it - but for the money really disappointed in how poorly it's all been thought out. = ( I felt the design was poor. The PAckaging was decent (aside from that - I had a large scratch in the back of my chair). My instructions were EXTREMELY POOR. Luckily it's not rocket science and I had it together in 90 min. however, I added the flight sim pack and not at all sure how to setup for both or configure. (no quick release swap from racing to FS).
    BAD MARKETING - there are all sorts of versions and competing products in their own lineup, I still don't know the differences which is why I'm searching for help.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  2. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    For the money it’s a decent kit. And the website is pretty straight forward too. You can easily find what should be included and what’s optional. But there is a great chance you bought an old stock non V2 version. Chances are that the slider isn’t included in the original version.

If the seat arrived damaged, it’s simply a matter of getting in touch with the seller for a replacement.

As for the flight deck I understand your disappointment. You have to do a fair bit of work to change the wheeldeck for the flightdeck. So if possible I would return it.

And as for their products, they aren’t that much of a difference with other brands line-ups. And in the end, it is always what you pay for. You can’t expect Vesaro quality for Next Level Racing price.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. dene

dene Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I had same problem. But my seat is pretty good customizable for wheel and pedals. Then I start to solve distance from seat to 43 inch TV what I use as monitor. There was only one solution: buy new table for TV and seat base set forward completely to the wall. Finally I have TV monitor cca. 15 cm from wheel base, so there is plus minus same distance from my postion on seat to the TV monitor, like in the real car from seat to the windshield.

Attached Files:

4. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    How much is this rig?