Released New Mini Data Display

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    That certainly is a bit of a headache. We're intending to keep updating the HUD, but for now the new HUD is unfortunately the only place where you'll be able to see exactly how much fuel you're carrying.

You'll still get the fuel warning pop ups when using the other HUD though.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    So now no possibility to switch it on/off by wheel button?

3. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    It would be even nicer if the new mini data display could be moved to different positions. I can't see 1/3rd of it with triple screens (16:10, 5440x1200) due to bezel correction.

4. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    yes

5. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    I would have hoped for movement as well. I have triple screens as well but it has landed in a pretty good spot on the bottom right of my main screen. I would like to move it up a bit though as it is blocked a bit by my button box and it's a pain in the butt to move with the bracket I made.

6. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    damned ;-(

7. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Strange...
    The old one was partly hidden behind the bezels, but the new one is clearly visible, too clearly really. I would also like to have a possibility to move it elsewhere.

8. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    ah sorry, of course, its possible....

9. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Go into the controller options menu and rebind the "7" key's function (cant remember the title off the top of my head) to something on your wheel. It may be in the Secondary Settings menu of the Controller options.

Since the 7 key by default toggles the mini HUD, rebinding its function to your wheel should have the same affect.

10. AnthonyRofail

AnthonyRofail Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Hello Gents

Is there any way of making the mini hug a little bigger.. Yes yes I know its a "mini hud" but running a 34" that mini hud is really "mini"

Thanx Gents

11. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Not yet. Georg (I think, or J-F) mentioned sth that the HUDs are not scaleable or moveable for now, so they might be looking into this in the future.

12. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Hm, doesnt work for me, because i have no Nr. 7 key binding in the config. Can you please take a look and tell me which one it is?

13. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Sure thing mate. The key binding is located in the Secondary Functions of the controller settings menu. The title of the key bind is named: "Toggle speed cluster"

speed cluster key binding.PNG

Rebinding this key should allow you to toggle the mini HUD on/off with the use of a button on your wheel if you choose to rebind it to your wheel. :)

Cheers

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. This works.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Yep, it works. #7 does not, but I have got ip mapped to one of my wheel buttons now and I can toggle between the mini, a Motec or nothing.
    Great !

• Like Like x 1
  16. Nils Herbstrieth

Nils Herbstrieth Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Yes, my resolution also hides part of it behing bezel. I tried several resolution variations, but it alway lands in bezel zone. This is bad! Isn't there any ini for correcting that?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I can now see that there is damage to the engine and gearbox if I'm not shifting properly, which is great!
    But it's way too insensitive..
    Just tried to go from 5th to first gear in the Volvo 240, the back wheels locking up nicely sending me smashing into a wall. :)
    But I could do this five times, and still had some juice left in the engine!.. . o_O
    @J-F Chardon
    Would it be possible to get a multiplier for the damage for the ones that don't want to be able to abuse the cars like this without busting it?
    Would also be appreciated with a multiplier for fuel use and tires in SP for shorter races.

18. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    @Hannes Wallstedt
    Maybe a little suggestion for the Mini-Data-Display in Future:
    At the moment the Displays shows with a color-code how far the tires are worn out. I like that very much as it is easy to see while driving and helps to keep up your awareness. Would it possible to add an information with another color (for example blue) when the tires are cold?

• Like Like x 4
  19. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Would be difficult to have these in one display. Color-coding a mixture of wear and temperature doesn't really make sense. ;)

But maybe the little frame around the tyre-icons could be made a bit thicker and be color-coded for temperature. I could imagine a blue-green-red scale for that, green being optimal temperature and of course blue being below and red being above that.

But we don't have tyre temperatures even in the setup after driving so far, so I don't know if this kind of gimmick is possible at all.

20. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Since march 23rd, every time I see the title: "New Mini...", can't help getting excited thinking it's about new content, if you know what I mean. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1