New pedals for the G27

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GregoryLeo, May 10, 2020.

1. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Ok, so the pedals on my G27 have been acting poorly more and more over the last year. I've had them apart and cleaned and serviced them many times and always got them working again. But now they have stopped completely. Diagnostics says everything is working properly. But I get no reading of any kind.

Anyway, after six+ years of almost daily use It bums me out that they need to be retired but doesn't surprise me, and I'm looking for some stand alone pedals in the $200+ish price range. Quite simply that is my budget I know it limits my options severely.

Any recommendations or knowledge of whats out there and your personal experiences would be greatly appreciated. I'm currently considering the ThrustMaster T3pa pro with necessary adapters for around $300 which is kinda out of my budget. And Fanatec has a new PC compatible set coming out in July for $230 which is closer to my price range. Any input on fanatec's products performance would be helpful as I have no first hand experience (or even 2nd or 3rd hand for that matter) with them. I do know from my first wheel, the TM Ferrari experience, they do cut corners on electronic switches and such. so I'm kind hedgy about them as well.
    Thanks in advance for your help
    Gregoryleo

2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Thrustmaster TCLM are their new load cell and magnetic sensor pedals. Fanatec have the CSL elite load cell pedals. Both plugin through USB so no need for adapters. Both around the $200 mark.

Either would be a huge upgrade from logitech pedals.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Cool I just googled the TCLM. Looks like exactly what I want. Thanks for the info. I really don’t have time too research these things. So help like this is very much appreciated.
    Edit. Just checked the price. Used $499 US plus shipping. And the CSL elite isn’t out until July 10. Seems like they’re not available in the US at this time

Last edited: May 11, 2020
  4. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Probably out of stock due to Covid. The RRP on the TCLM is $200US. The CSL elite have been out for a few years now, probably on back order too.