New Racing Wheel

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bindaree Racing, Jul 18, 2019.

1. MattYKee

MattYKee Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Do me a favor and let me know how you think of it after you've had a dozen hours on it. Im keen to hear everyones opinion on how it compares with the MOMO racing wheel in RRE. (Pedals and FFB)

I havent committed yet, saving up for a large upgrade to my cave and the T300's are out of stock at all my options anyway.

edit: Additionally you might like the idea of just getting an old Android phone and bend an old coat hanger into a holder then use some of the many apps available to get your own external hud. If youre keen on having an external RPM meter. I beleive the free RR hud works fine.

• Like Like x 1
  2. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    I have a T300 to sell but unfortunately the T3PA pedals I bought to replace the original ones has some issues with the brakes. Signal is lost randomly. I guess it can be easily fixed but I'm no expert.
    The original pedals are almost unused.
    Also, I have 3 different rims for it (original Ferrari GTE, Ferrari Evo Alcantara, Sparco R383 Rally). And a metal plate sandwich construction thingy that's mounted on the base to hold a screen/old android phone (up to 5" or so) to use dash apps.

IMG_20190720_171228.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  3. Geir Erik Maeland

Geir Erik Maeland New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Have had the Thrustmaster TMX for 2Month now.....
    I like it...But For me the looks like thustmaster have gone cheap on the stearing wheel..The Base for the steering wheel is okay.
    I wish I could change the wheel on it...that is the only thing I wish.
    It would have bean perfect for me then :)
    So if it was me buying I would go up in price and buy a Thrustmaster where you can change the wheel.

4. Bindaree Racing

Bindaree Racing Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I currently use the Sim Dashboard app. https://www.stryder-it.de/simdashboard/
    I was wondering how I would set it up on the Playseat. I hadn't thought of a coathanger. I reckon that will work. I used to use velcro (the white bits on top of the keyboard) to attach my phone on my old dodgy rig that I had made out of a step ladder.:D:D
    Old Rig.jpg

5. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Velcro is a great friend to any sim racer! I find an L shaped metal braket velcroed to the top of the wheel base works well or even velcro to the bottom of your main display. Wherever it's readable from really.

Currently on with designing an extended steering column for my rig so will soon need to make a proper mount for my dash