New SRS series

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xon3, May 19, 2018.

1. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    Don't like this series

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    I'd like to see more events with Porsche instead of Silhouette
    and
    more FWD and modern DTM

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    i would like to see a race at 20:00 :(

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Yeah this is already dead.

6. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    App refuses to work for me and the only help on their forum is the same link, to the same page with info that doesn't work, died for me on the 8th of May. Oh well, was promising, tad too many pushy knobs in the last few races for my liking. Not overly keen on the chosen series up to now either, to be honest but there is generally something to race, if perhaps not my preferred choice. All bloody irrelevant though as it doesn't bloody work! :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Really?
    Worked fine for me.
    Just out of curiosity, you did uncheck the 'content detection', right?

8. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    It would be nice for people who have little knowledge of computers that it could be implemented in raceroom.
    The concept of SRS is super, in mine opinion

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. bearr

bearr Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    The SRS.exe is now located at
    Quote:Steam\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\x64\SRS_RRE\SRS.exe

10. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    How can I disable the content detection if it was enabled in the previous version, but now the apps just halts on the loading screen?

11. Lasse Oinas

Lasse Oinas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I'm sorry free content silhouette cars gets seven races a day:confused:, is this an attempt just to bring in more drivers?. Why not only race them on free tracks when your at it:eek:. FWD touringcars where Sector3 is outstanding, now only has two races a weeko_O. Bah!!!! who is running the show at SRS, thumbs down:dizzy:

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. R3E Rookie Racing

R3E Rookie Racing Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    thumbs up that it even exists. without SRS i would go racing at Iracing because for me free servers are no fun and racing against AI is boring.

Silhouette cars is in my opinion a good move because cars are free and it might attract new players. This will be the series i am going to run, although the time slots are less than ideal to me. CET there is a 17:00 slot (too early) and a 23:00 slot (too late)

But overall not a very good mix in my opinion.

1. not one Open Wheel Series. too bad as i likes racing the FRJ last season
    2. prime time for continental europe is 19:00 - 22:00 slots. At 20:00 we don´t have a daily running series. instead the youtube series, which means just one or two races a week. bad decision. The 21:00 race is a 1h race. For rookies like me this is too demanding. 22:00 no race at all because of the 1h race, i get it. Still too bad. That leaves the 19:00 race M1 - umpf and the 23:00 race silhouette series. Too late for working people. Overall this could have been worked out much better.

I do understand that everybody runs on different time zones and hasloves different racing series. But still...i don´t know :-(

13. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    You can do it from the your SRS Profile page.
    Go to "User Control Panel", then "Edit Profile".
    You may need to delete the Temp folder in Steam\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\x64\SRS_RRE\ afterwards.
    Far as I can figure that's where all your log-in settings are stored.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, I completely forgot about that option on the website. It works right away after disabling it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  15. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    For me these are the main bad decisions.
    -No 20:00 race is bone head move because 20:00 IS STILL PEAK HOUR IN RACEROOM!! wtf ?!?!? When there are the most players you decide not to make a race ?
    -For maximum players you could only go one way with the "hourly" series. WTCC+GT3+M1. Wether you like it or not its what people want to race. I love the nsu and the silluetes are underrated in my opinion but no one will race these series you can see it from a mile away. The M1 will have races just for that sweet vrp and even those races we will have to wait and see.
    -No series Based on the starter pack ?! The NSU could easily be this series but ... next point.
    -Swedish tracks THAT NO ONE RACES !? seriously ? The tracks may be cool but no one has them ...
    This is so frustrating. Its like you go that 99% and then just shoot yourself in the foot. And i hope they fixed the Nordschleife problem because of the 10min qualy you can't put a lap in the regular layout only the combo.

16. Eddie Ellis

Eddie Ellis Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    There is so much wrong in this statement I don't know where to start. First you are saying you have to run Free servers which implies you can't afford the $50 to buy all the RRE content, or even $35 for a racer pack. Then you say you would race Iracing which cost $225 per year to run a full race series.
    I also wonder why people assume that Iracing is always perfect because it's expensive. Have you ever done a race in Iracing?
    Watch a live stream with similar cars. Maybe just the first 2 laps of one. Tell me what's better about this. The race starts @1:45 in the link below.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Lets not even go here ... because online racing in iracing is obviously in a whole other level. Even SRS on AC where its way more competitive and populated isn't even in the same galaxy as iracing.
    You just can't compete with 10+ splits in a mx5 race.

18. R3E Rookie Racing

R3E Rookie Racing Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    No, never have raced on Iracing. I meant the public servers on raceroom which are no fun to me because there are unfortunately almost always people crashing into you in the first corner or at least one Lunatic who is sitting right at the straight just waiting to crash into cars.

Racing againt AI is boring for me. And Racing in Leagues too demanding and/or too much of a hassle. I love the opportunity that SRS gives me to just jump into a Race whenever it suits me.

If SRS wouldn´t be here i would searching for other options, probably would end up at Iracing because there are the most people to race with. But i do have no experience with that.

Money btw is not the question. If i have to pay to race the way i like to and as i mentioned, i would; if i don´t have to pay i prefer that of course.

Don´t know whats wrong with my oppinion ;-)

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Eddie Ellis

Eddie Ellis Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Well I'm glad there is no money confusion then. I would like to point out that the RRE servers that run premium cars and tracks tend to have cleaner drivers because the little kids who crash into people only have free content and can setup a new username without loosing content.
    R3E rookie, I hope you stay around because we need more drivers who value clean racing. We are not perfect here, but we race cleaner than AC on the average and roughly the same as Iracing. It has been 2 years since I raced in Iracing, but it felt like a waste of money for me. Friends who still race there have been telling me the same thing when they come back here. Buying the premium pack using the VRP system is probably my best investment in sim racing other than my Fanatec wheel.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Alexander Asner

Alexander Asner Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Here is one more note for those who do not get the app to work.
    Make sure that your desktop shortcut is pointing to the fixed app, not the old one. It is in a different folder, so you have to make a new shortcut!
    If the problem comes back that you have an empty livery screen and cannot choose your livery: Make sure you have not ticked Content Detection in your SRS profile. Delete the SRS temp folder, log in again and everything should work. Another tip for those who drive in VR: Put your start parameters in your SRS profile. Delete them in Steam. Do not use monitor in the command line startup in SRS. It messes things up at least with Windows Mixed Reality HMDs.
    By doing these things I have run SRS for a week now without any flaw. The problem is that I rarely see a race with more than 5 participants. :(

Last edited: May 21, 2018