New SRS series

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xon3, May 19, 2018.

1. Pursang

Pursang Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I´m afraid that free content (and NSU) will increase my 0,9 average incidents

2. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    I installed it as witten on the site but get the shortcut in more than one map
    After trying these shortcut apart i found the one who's working now.
    As i say before, i hope that SRS wil be implemented in raceroom

3. Rafael Jiménez

Rafael Jiménez Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    It is normal that at each season premiere we have constructive criticism about ... I would put this category, I would set these schedules, I would put these circuits, etc ...

The question is that in SRS there is NO ENOUGH PARTICIPATION to be able to put more categories in different time slots.

The idea of racing Youtubers weeks is the unification of people at a specific time a day. I think the categories are used to try to attract the public, even if they are not exciting categories.

4. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Fair shout, worked for me, cheers pal.

• Like Like x 1
  5. R3E Rookie Racing

R3E Rookie Racing Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I´m buying one track and one car at a time, but thats just me. If i want to race the FRJ for example i buy the car and every week the needed track. This Season i will do the same with the needed tracks for the Silhouette Car Series. As my portfolio gets bigger and bigger i can join more and more RRE servers that run premium cars and tracks, BUT my experience is, that there are not enough drivers on those servers. I´m sure these drivers value clean racing much more than your bunch of f2p drivers but still, just not enough drivers.

I´m totally with you concerning money value on RRE. I´m really happy both with the content and with everything else and would hate to leave for another sim. But they have to work out some kind of stable system ingame for the long run. Right now SRS is great, but as i understand it, there is just one or two guys running it just for the fun of it, without getting any funding.Just for us to have a system to race in. We should always keep that in mind when we are criticising them.

Hopefully they will continue the service and hopefully there will be more drivers using it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rafael Jiménez

Rafael Jiménez Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I have reviewed the first races of the new season and it seems that there is more participation (logical since the last 2 weeks the participation was zero).
    I hope this season is encouraged. Personally I will participate in the Silhouette Car Series (21:00 GMT) and maybe the M1 (22:00 GMT). Greetings.

7. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    This makes the decisions even more confusing. Why would you race the NSU and the Silhouette when the gt3 and wtcc are OBVIOUSLY waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaymore popular ? Why would you use swedish tracks when ovbiously no one races them online ? Also you use free cars with paid tracks ? Why not just race 100% free content ? I would be all on that boat. 2 layouts each track, that 6 weeks worth of races. Actually ... isn't that what iracing does ? Would bring some organization to all these chaotic open lobby races.
    NSU - 100% starter pack content
    Silhouette - 100% free content
    Mabie this would have been a bit better ? i dont know ...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Rafael Jiménez

Rafael Jiménez Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Exactly the same thing I proposed in the forum, however the opinions of the drivers are very different.
    http://www.simracingsystem.com/showthread.php?tid=2966&page=2

I imagine that as an administrator, it is difficult to guess the categories and I think they are trying different things to see which categories have a great participation.
    In AC for example, with the Seat León, created a specific category this last season as it filled 4 servers continuously.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Just my two cents:
    First of all, R3E participation will always be lower than AC. Not only are there far more users of AC in general, AC also has the app built INTO the game. Which is a huge advantage.
    If you're sitting in AC doing whatever, and feel like a MP race, you can nip into the app and see what's coming up.

And of course the update that buggered the app pretty much killed R3E participation for a few weeks.
    I know, a fix came out within 24 hours, but for people who might have been away for a few weeks and/or don't follow the SRS forums, all they knew was that it suddenly wasn't working.

Not to mention that in AC, you can use modded content that people can simply download.
    In R3E, it's paid content only.

And just to be clear, I'm not pointing any fingers here. The fact that AC is openly moddable whereas R3E very much isn't, will logically make any app much clunkier. That's just the nature of the game.
    But it does mean any user will have to work harder in order to get it to work.

Then there's the race combos. I dunno......

While there is no doubt that GT3 and WTCC (possibly modern DTM as well) are the most popular series, let's not forget that familiarity breeds contempt.
    I'm sitting here looking at the upcoming GT3@Bathurst and thinking "I honestly can't be arsed".
    GT3/WTCC at Bathurst, Spa and Monza.....They have been done to death.
    There are so many great combos in R3E, and yet everybody keeps running the same content.
    So I'm all for the use of slightly off-kilter content.
    Although granted, it might be a case of needing to get people in with popular content before changing things up.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rafael Jiménez

Rafael Jiménez Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Totally agree with you except for your opinion about the GT3 and Bathurst ..;) I mean, if what you want is to attract more pilots, the combinations you mentioned are precisely what they attract (GT3, WTCC, Spa, Monza).
    It is possible that you are tired of running there, but I think that FRJ in Anderstorp is not that it attracts masses (I did participate :) :)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Well, I did say:
    ;)

But I'll freely admit that finding combos that are not only popular but also interesting is something of a balancing act.
    Last season had the FRJs which I usually love driving, I just don't think the tracks were particularly well chosen.
    While the FRJ isn't a speed-demon by any means, it is a fair bit nippier than it looks.
    And having it on super-tight, super-narrow tracks doesn't suit it particularly well.
    IIRC the Karlskoga race only used the Short version of the track, which meant that you barely hit 4th gear, and there was no real point in trying to draft because you were constantly turning this way and that.
    So all you could really do was follow the guy in front and hope he made a mistake.
    If you compare it to the iRacing Skippys (which is probably the closest thing to it), they're running it on GP tracks with great success.
    They've even done it on the Nords, which is.....a little nuts if you ask me, but to each their own. :D

My point is that maybe it's not the FRJ that is unpopular, but the tracks they were placed on.
    But again, I don't have access to neither SRS numbers nor S3 sales, so there's every chance that I'm spectacularly wrong. :)

• Like Like x 2
  12. [TCSR] Slacker

[TCSR] Slacker New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Would love to see more options for participation in USA> Ive done a couple of races and looked at signing up for more but in prime time USA it appears to be 1 or 2 drivers at most. not sure if im just not looking at the right times. Im in eastern time zone.

13. Rafael Jiménez

Rafael Jiménez Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Without participation there are no more series in more schedules. In AC for example there are series in America, Europe and Asia due to a greater participation.
    It does not matter if you have a series in American or Asian time if you only have 3 companions.

14. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    the guy who runs srs consistantly makes retarded decisions and that's why it is now dead

iracing is by far the most popular online service yet everyone refuses to copy it, its stupid

gt3 races in iracing are 40 mins with a pitstop, srs was just 20mins

srs also does mosts series that nobody actually cares about

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. Rafael Jiménez

Rafael Jiménez Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Maybe the Raceroom driver profile is different from Assetto Corsa. In AC the participation is much higher, not only by volume of drivers but because they like the categories.
    Maybe we should record what he likes most in Raceroom.

16. Pierre Hox

Pierre Hox New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I think the Raceroom driver doesn't like the M1 Procar.... Even if it's a serie with "prizes"

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Rafael Jiménez

Rafael Jiménez Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I risk saying that the profile of Raceroom's simracer is GT, not OW and very "Europeanist".
    That is, DTM (whatever the year it may be), GTR3, WTCC, Porsche CUP and .... Nordschleife !!!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Rafael Jiménez

Rafael Jiménez Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    For helping a bit for the growth of SRS in Raceroom ....

What categories, or improvements should be implemented in SRS to increase the participation of all?

A greeting.

19. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    I was gonna disagree untill i saw srs response to the nordschleife problem ....
    upload_2018-6-5_21-41-59.png
    Its so frustrating. Its like they do 99% of the hard work and just throw it in the bin ...

20. Pierre Hox

Pierre Hox New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 1