Question New To The Game......

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Kevin Baird, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Kevin Baird

Kevin Baird Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Hi Everyone,
    Im quite late to the party I guess as Ive just discovered the game, but I have a few dumb questions (probably).
    Ive tried to read as much as I can to fill in the blanks and Ive tried some online things, as a single-player and also ran some tests with a dedicated server, so here goes........

1. Is there no way to chat in the multiplayer game?
    2. Can sessions not be advanced to the next?
    3. In the fine 'Multiplayer Dedicated How-To' thread provided by Sonat, it describes the following process...

"- Admin can create an access file in the folder where the dedicated is installed (The dedicated exe is usually in Steam folder under e.g. ..steamapps\common\RaceRoom Dedicated Server) . In this file, add username and password to bind it to the public IP which makes frontend accessible externally. In the access file add the username and password as shown below.
    Code:

user1:password
    user2:password
    The file name needs to be “access” with no extension. Please make sure you don’t create a txt file by mistake."

What is this used for?

4. The Automated Race Results Uploading.....
    I cant seem to get it to work, I currently have the following text in the entry....."ftp://(ftp-username):(ftp-password)@(mydomainname)/results/*.xml and it hasnt written anything, am I doing something wrongly?

5. My test race created a file on the server which was a JSON file and the race created a txt file on my local machine which resembled an older SimBin Race07 result file, both sets of information matched. Can I recieve an XML file on the server?

Thank you for taking the time to read my questions and for any help or suggestions you may have.

Kind Regards

KB

2. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    You can chat while on track, but I think you need to bind a button to the chat function first in your control settings.

3. Kevin Baird

Kevin Baird Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the reply, its certainly something I didnt know.

Perhaps Ive posted some of the other questions in the wrong forum?

4. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    No, this is the correct forum, but I don't really know much about dedicated servers. I don't think it's possible to manually skip sessions right now. The access file is used if you want to access the dedicated server frontend from another PC via browser.