New Track!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GooseCreature, Aug 29, 2017.

1. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Millions?

Don't, please, even you know how BS that line is. Shit's straight out of marketing department.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    The point, more broadly being, that millions of people have played RR, and all have their own opinion on what they would want. So a small slice of that pie isnt really representative.

@Mike R summed it up well just above though.

3. The Dandy Highwayman

The Dandy Highwayman Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I'm happy enough with Zhuhai. Quite a technical track.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    But of course that's only true if the sample population of your survey can be regarded truely random and thereby representative for the base population, i.e. every individual from that base population had the same chance of being picked. And I am pretty convinced that's not the case on this very forum, because I assume that there is a considerable userbase outside Europe and America (especially in Asia and South America) that doesn't frequent this place.
    Plus that list is an arbitrary collection of tracks that have been mentioned by the respondents themselves, so it will only contain items that the respondent was actively aware of at the moment he gave his top 3 preference. You weren't presented with an equilibrated choice of items. In a strict statistical sense that list cannot be regarded representative for the base population of RR users.
    And even if it were, would that justify neglecting every other aspect and going for the popular choice at any cost, even if that meant wasting ressources or missing big opportunities that open future development options?

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  5. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    A bit optimistic there ...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Unbenannt.JPG
    Still not 100% sure what to think of those numbers, but the science behind steamspy seems pretty solid and the numbers are believable in general.
    My interpretation is 'owned' means added to library at some point (not surprising for a f2p that occassionally offers free weekends), 'players' means at least started the game once. Of course there aren't hundreds of thousands of active users, as we're all aware, but I think more people know of this game's existence than one might imagine. If that, combined with the actual regular user numbers, is a positive thing is on another sheet I guess...

7. RIZZI

RIZZI Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    One more if you question the R3E pilots community, how many will answer Zuhai?
    If you were to talk about R3E and its contents to a new driver, would you tell him:
    "It's absolutely great, plus, there is Zuhai"
    You would forget to talk about it.
    I maintain that Zuhai could be in Race Room but well after circuits like Sao Paulo, Donington, Sebring etc. etc.
    A real simulation must have these tracks
    Especially to go out Brands Hatch (the truth)

PS : I would not respond to the criticism I received in the first post, it is without interest ..
    And sorry for my English !

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Why even have different sims in the first place then if you want every game to have exactly the same 'high profile' tracks? :rolleyes:

Having a well fleshed out roster of tracks is what sets games apart from each other. And while you may not like a single, specific track... There are a lot of people from Asia that play RR.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Who knows?
    Depends... If that person were from Asia, I'm pretty sure I would, just like I would point out the American tracks to sb from America. And there'd still be many tracks that I think are great but I would not mention because it would be pretty boring listing 40+ tracks. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. RIZZI

RIZZI Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Why even have different sims in the first place then if you want every game to have exactly the same 'high profile' tracks? :rolleyes:
    Having a well fleshed out roster of tracks is what sets games apart from each other. And while you may not like a single, specific track... There are a lot of people from Asia that play RR.

I respect your arguments and your point of view.
    You do not criticize exactly what I say but you give another point of view.
    This will be my last word on this debate.

11. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    The circuit wishlist offers a better representation of the views of those who actually play the game on a regular basis, despite the total user-base being much larger (although not millions, lol). The hardcore players are generally those who will take the time to visit the forum.

Just my take on this. I don't really care too much about the wishlist as all new circuits are appreciated and Zhuhai is most welcome.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. Leigh

Leigh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    I believe the matter is now settled, Mr Agitator. Is it nearly time for the spilling of the beans?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. DreamsKnight

DreamsKnight Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    monza has two layouts. suzuka 3 layouts etc. you are able to put 30 car of each class inside.
    try to put 30 frx17 at oulton park. :rolleyes:
    oulton park is not different from all the sweden track we have. and...

oulton park is famous more than zhuai. this is the meaning.
    from the community which play only gt3@SPA all the time in each sim. :rolleyes:

by the way, in the last 5 months, we had:
    -imola
    -sepang
    -road america
    -zhuai (probably)

i had to say this is a very good track selection, good with each car. and probably everyone here is happy except one guy. :D

and we don't know what will happen in the future :eek:

14. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    This should be a popular track if the price isn't zoo high.

• Creative Creative x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  15. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Oooh, I do... Pick me, pick me!

More constant complaints. :D

But anyways, 100% of the content released isnt going to be everyone's cup of tea. That's ok, you dont have to like everything... So, maybe whatever comes next will float your boat instead.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Wow! Why are some fighting against others caused by an announcement of a new track in a computer game?
    I really cannot believe.

Go to Sector3 Forum when a new track or a new car or a new feature is announced. Every time fighting and moaning people. They can't do it right in any way they do. everything seems to be totally wrong.

I tell you, what I'm doing:
    If the car is fine, I buy it. If not I let it.
    If the track is fine, I buy it. If not, I let it.
    If it's a cool new feature, I use it
    If not, I don't use it.

Don't get me wrong, IMHO there are cars and tracks I really love to have, but moaning and pissing others off and discuss every time...? This does't make me happier.

I really cannot understand some of the people here.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  17. DreamsKnight

DreamsKnight Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    fixed. ;)

anyway, except for one person, I read constructive speeches about preferences.

• Like Like x 1
  18. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Ya, it's not only about this thread here. Look at Porsche, Road America, Corvette, AMG GT a.s.o.
    I think, game developers really would have to get an elephant skin to not jump out of the next window because of those alltime negatives out there.

People have to calm down a bit and take some deep breaths. To be happy about good things and to be quieter if not. Better for their hearts....

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I would say that one of Racerooms strongest points are the ever groing tracklist!
    Quite a few nice tracks that isn't in every other sim / racing game!!
    Same goes for AMS, but that title lack VR, so sadly I never play it anymore..

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Well if it's my Asian brothers turn on the track rota, good on 'em. The more the merrier as far as tracks go in my book, Jeez, you're not forced to buy them, just as you're not forced to buy any new content. The selfish attitude of some people belies belief, "I want this and I want that" and "if I don't get it I'm gonna throw my toys outta my pram" :rolleyes:
    If RR was developed in China and the official forum was in Chinese only, few from here would be there. Some people need to remove their blinkers and realise RR is a global Sim and not made personally for them, reading some comments I sometimes wish I wasn't able to speak English and that some people weren't able to write it.
    Live and let live, variety is the spice of life, etc etc etc
    I actually have some fond memories of bumper banging at Zhuhai in the past, will suit the majority of series in RR perfectly imho. Bring it on!

• Like Like x 3