New Tracks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by j.mcleod, Apr 9, 2016.

1. j.mcleod

j.mcleod Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    So with the release of the Nordschleife we've pretty much got all of the tracks that were known to be WIP for Raceroom. Any ideas of what is to come?

I know there is/was a version of Silverstone under development at some point, but I'm not sure if that is still coming? Would be a nice addition.

We're likely to continue to get DTM & ADAC GT updates year on year, but they don't tend to go to any different tracks each year, and Raceroom has the full schedule in game now.

Is it likely we'll see the remainder of the WTCC venues? Would be nice to be able to complete full seasons in game, we're pretty close on tracks as it is. Just need Marrakesh, Vila Real, Termas di Rio Hondo, Motegi and Losail to fill out the calendar.

How about something like TCR? Sakhir, Estoril, Sochi, Marina Bay and Sepang would be the only additions needed there for a full season.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Issue with WTCC is that they never seem to have a consistent calendar, so by the time one is modelled they'll be racing elsewhere (chasing the sanctioning fees).

We know Silverstone and one other WTCC track are licenced, would guess Marrakech but we'll see. I think whoever's been choosing the track selection so far has been doing an excellent job though, the circuit variety is fantastic.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    The WTCC calendar is very fluid from year-to-year so delivering a fully-featured WTCC experience must be a complete pain in the arse for Sector3.

They may well try and bring all the missing circuits but the most prudent approach would be to focus on the more secure venues. Marrakech has been on the calendar for years and will continue to be for many more so I can see that being the next WTCC track in R3E. With the Tilke redesign and the Sector3-Tilke relationship, it makes sense.

I would love TCR. In my opinion it's got a more sustainable future than WTCC. The problem is TCR has been created as a direct rival to the WTCC and because of that I cannot see Sector3 being allowed to even consider licensing it. Not TCR International anyway. They could possibly look into a regional series like TCR Germany, which will be a support series to ADAC GT Masters I believe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    Yes, that is correct.
    And because of that they would even have all the tracks of the TCR Germany, so this seems to be a good choice.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    Some STCC tracks like Alex wrote during the interview with Jean Francois Chardon

Falkenbergs Motorbana (@49:27)
    Göteborg City Race (@49:39)
    Mantorp Park (@49:52)
    Vålerbanen (@ 50:05)

6. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Never knew Falkenberg before the STCC add-ons for Race07, absolutely adore that track.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  7. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    He was just naming some scandinavian tracks for someone who only remembered Knutstorp.
    Don't really mind Göteborg City Race, didn't like that much.
    But all the other Scandinavian tracks in Race 07 would be awesome to get to R3E!

That and the bugs / dirt on the windshield, and I can uninstall Race 07 for good. ;)

8. kendoslow

kendoslow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Don't know how long it'll stay on the WTCC calendar but Rio Hondo would be good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Montana.BE

Montana.BE Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Well, besides of all 1992 DTM cars, more 1992 DTM tracks would be nice !

;)

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. AMarkham40

AMarkham40 Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Still hoping for a BTCC or V8 Supercar pack with the tracks they run one day.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1