New update bugs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nickyjj2011, Dec 21, 2020.

Tags:
  1. nickyjj2011

nickyjj2011 Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Hi
    Getting a few issues with the new update when it loads up sometimes I get 500 error and going into car setups the screen goes black. Also my championships have been lost .
    Any it says I own all the tracks and cars which I don’t
    Anybody else having bugs

2. Adamcas87

Adamcas87 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Read the green message above

Maintenance is still ongoing and has been for nearly 15 hours

3. ajopp1

ajopp1 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    well i have been able to do some practice on my own and the only bug i see is having all content available which i definitely didn't have before...anyone else?

4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Yes. Seems like we have an unintentional free christmas trial now. :D I admit, i have tried the E-Cupra, to see if it actually loads (didn't owned it yet).
    It actually loaded and the situation made me even buy the car, it actually was a big surprise in driving feel at Brands Hatch :D I'm weak, but i felt guilty and the car is actually really surprisingly great.

A bug i get, is, that the frames for the main menu buttons like "single player", "multiplayer" etc. are not existent and you have to click on the fonts.
    (german language UI)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
  5. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Last year we got a couple of days of free access too and to be honest it is the best way to get feedack and bug reports quickly.
    I have to say chapeau as a lot of my pet peeves have been addressed.

No more egregious race countdown clock, yay
    Tyre model 4.1 seems to have fixed the unpredictable and unforgiving handling issues in GT3 and Gr 5 - haven´t tried DTM92 yet.
    The new content is all pretty good too so I think I am going to be investing in the premium pack.

6. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Content was actually intentionally free for reducing server load, according to a discord announcement right now.^^

I also just experience improvements in driving dynamics...even DTM 2020, which was pretty amazing before, IMO.

Also the practice clock starts, when you click drive the first time, instead of starting immediately, like before, i like it. :->

Didn't encountered any issues so far in single player experience anymore, also default menu UI is back to normal.^^

7. Lasstmichdurch

Lasstmichdurch New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I have tested 2 DTM 92 cars and i can´t produce not one clear round...undriveable for me now...
    Spinning spinning spinning...
    Or do i have to get the tyres on 400 Grad to get working?:smirk:

8. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Not tested yet, does it not improve after 2 laps? I took the Zakspeed Capri Gr.5 for a ride (even older car and tyres) and it was actually more catchable, than before and tyres were still ice-cold.

9. Schmelge

Schmelge Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Tatuus AI racing line on nordschleife is completely off at some places where they ride along curbs that would completely anhililate their suspension. Most noticable is after flugplatz you have 2 right corners followed by a left and then a long downhill. In this downhill and after the uphill, AI runs ontop of the curb the whole straight which is wierd.

Also karusell, ai seem to brake a bit before entering but can keep a extreme speed without losing traction throughout the whole karusell

I have worse performance in vr (valve index) after the update. Had to completely turn off shadows and turn msaa down to 2x to not have random stutter, can't go over 130 ss, before the update I had no issues with 150 ss. (cpu 5900x, gpu 980ti, valve index)

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
  10. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    I have all the tyre sounds from the Scirocco. Are you running the new Webmenu and maybe there are some settings borked?

11. Schmelge

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Yeah i have all sounds on the scirocco too.

Its just the electric VW from what I know

12. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Have also tried the ID.R, also got tyre sounds. I pushed it around Stowe, so it's basically scrubbing the whole time. ^^'

13. Schmelge

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Can you test it on schleife?

14. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    I tried. Get tyre squeal, but you have to push it pretty hard.(Somewhat reasonable, the car is totally nuts in terms of downforce) Maybe there are some layers of tyre squeal missing (i noticed so many different types of tyre sounds in R3E, that i'm not sure, what is depending on which slider ^^').

EDIT: but yes, tyre sounds are pretty low in volume, interfering with the whine also, so hardly noticeable at higher speeds.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
  15. Schmelge

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Hmm ok thanks for testing, ill try it again tomorrow and crank the volume up, maybe my ears are getting old :p

• Like Like x 1
  16. Max Grafe

Max Grafe New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is the Audi TT Cup like driving on ice for anyone else since the update? I swear I don't remember it being this slidey before.

17. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    @Lasstmichdurch Are you using old setups? If so, reset it. I have no problems with spinning here right now, actually the opposite, the 92 DTM was more edgy pre-update.:confused:

18. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Is there some sort of trial period happening? I didn't have the VRP for the Scirocco or Watkins Glen but both weren't in the not owned area. What gives?

19. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    ;)

20. David tabone

David tabone Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Ai crashes in rolling start at Bathurst mid pack when turning onto start finish straight