New update bugs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nickyjj2011, Dec 21, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Which cars David?

2. David tabone

David tabone Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Dtm 16 and 20

3. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    K. Thanks I will try and test.

4. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Known bug Paul. Already in the tracker.

• Like Like x 2
  5. David tabone

David tabone Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I
    I aslo noticed when I played in Portugal the maps of the car and track doesn't match each other when you drive around

6. Schmelge

Schmelge Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I tried it again now, turned off factory ABS and factory TC (duuh) maxed brake bias to front and tried my best to force a lockup.

I actually got tire screech, what a absolute beast of a car this is, you really have to force it to make mistakes, ill go Edit my first post now, huge thanks for helping out testning this when I was trying to sleep :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    The water temp gauge on the Scirocco dash is not working.

8. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
  9. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Totally agree. Old fart keyboard warrior and driver here and the new tyre update has fixed all the issues I was critical about last year. DTM92, Touring Classics, Gr5 and GT3 are now much more controlable under slides and you are no longer a passenger when the car loses shape. The balance between easy to drive and punishing mistakes seems about right now.

The loss of grip from driving off track still needs some work but this is back to the game I loved playing before Dec 2019.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Jumped into a ranked 325i Beemer race last night, blast around the new Laguna and got 3 drive through penalties, not that I'm surprised I got penalties as it happens but 3? My main beef is I have no idea at all what they were for, is there anywhere I can look back and see what I've supposed to have done, I've checked the replay, went out of the line twice, think one may be for speeding in pitlane but what the others were for is a bit of a mystery. I also forgot how much fun these cars are to drive.

11. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Can only guess but if you say you left the track twice you may have ignored a slow down penalty for each of those which after (i think) 60 seconds leads to a drive through. Then add that speeding in the pitlane and you have your 3 drive throughs

12. Holmberg

Holmberg Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Can’t get rid of this after the update

Attached Files:

13. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Perhaps

so the correct order for triples is

- delete graphics_options.xml

- start the game without -webmenu to set correct resolution

- start the game with -webmenu to set correct fov

14. SBR_APOLLO

SBR_APOLLO New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys, I was doing a test race with Crest Autosport tonight and more then half the grid got drive through penalties because the pit limiter is bugged if you put it on correctly it stills gave you a drive through for hitting the red so you have to stay away from the permitted 60 or 80 kpm.

15. dudasro

dudasro New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
  16. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Fair enough but would be rather nice if I was told what I had a penalty for, as I said, I watched the replay back and I only went wide twice, I thought it was only on the fourth that a penalty was given. The old US of A judicial system, three strikes and banged up for 25 years, that's how I remember it, so why is it penalizing me for only running wide twice? Well I had but 2 races at Laguna in the little Beemer and ranked Multi player has a bug, so hopefully, S3 will wipe those 2 off my slate as I finished poorly in both.

17. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    known

• Like Like x 1
  18. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Do you possibly have "In Game Overlays" to "off"? It must be set to at least "Essentials only", or you won't see any warnings:

Unbenannt.jpg

It's in Gameplay settings.

19. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Think the 3 strikes rule is when cut rules are set to drivethrough penalty. Then youre allowed a few off tracks without being penalised immediately. On the ranked servers the cut rules are set to slowdown tho afaik and then you get a slowdown penalty as soon as you leave the track and the game deems you to have gained an advantage regardless of it being your first or tenth offence. If you then dont serve the slowdown penalty (by slowing down to give back the time displayed) within 60 seconds you get a drivethrough penalty which i imagine might be what happened in your case.
    Also what arthur said above. I have that set to essentials only and when i get an incident or a slowdown penalty i can see that on screen right away and react accordingly

20. Arwin Smits

Arwin Smits New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I'm using the auto-clutch feature because I only have two pedals on T300RS Setup.

I encountered an issue in the Group C cars during upshifts, both the Nissan and The Porsche are 'stuck' on the throttle a bit too long. This also happens when I lift off during the shifts. The revs keep climbing for a bit during the shift which makes the sound experience in these cars a lot less satisfying to me. The new high boost maps are absolutely brilliant though! :D