New wheel

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BreadedVirus, May 9, 2020.

1. BreadedVirus

BreadedVirus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    So I’ve been using my trusty T150 for a few years now and think it’s time to upgrade.

Max budget is about $600

Any ideas appreciated.

2. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    T300? Would be a reasonable step up. But I have no long term usage knowledge.
    Greetings

3. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Two months ago I moved 'up' from my Logitech G27, which I had for 7 years, to a T300. I bought an adaptor so I continue using the G27 pedals, and I have 3 wheel rims - the F458 Italia, F458 GTE, and the Open Wheel Addon.
    I am very, very happy with the T300. Compared to the G27 (which was a very good wheel anyway), the T300 rotation is smoother, there's no 'FFB dead spot' in the centre position, it never loses it's calibrated centre, and I feel the individual forces more distinctly.
    But if you go for a T300 (or TX), be sure to shop around, as there are some VERY wide variations in bundles and prices.

Just to add, I did initially choose a Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer which has slightly more powerful FFB, & separate PSU which helps the wheel stay cool, but I sent it back due to very 'notchy' roatation. But if you get a smooth one, it is probably an even better step up for the money.

4. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    What kind of cars you drive the most? What size of the rim do you prefer? Do you like to have multiple rims, i.e. one for GT cars, one for open wheeler?

Except from that, the timing is really bad in the moment. Because of corona the prices are very high for any kind of wheel. The good thing is, you will probably get a good price selling your T150.

5. BreadedVirus

BreadedVirus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    I drive the WTCC and open wheel cars the most.

6. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    The budget is 600 + the money for the sold T150? You have the 2 pedal setup or the PRO version with the T3PA?

Option1: You have the T3PA pedals - go for a TS-PC Racer with the open wheel and buy an additional Alcantara rim for the WTCC cars. The 300mm Alcantara is imo the best wheel for those cars, drives wonderful. TS-PC is about 500-550€, an used Alcantara in good condition ~125€.

Option2: You just have the 2 pedal system - go for the T300 Ferrari Integral Wheel (300mm Alcantara and T3PA pedals) and get a brand new Open Wheel addon for ~130€.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    I can only agree with what was said above. I use exactly this combination of the T300 Alcantara with the pro pedals and I recently got the open wheel addon. Before that I also had the TMX/150 which I was very satisfied with. Could also sell it at a good price. In your price range certainly the best possible increase in some more power, smoothness and quality of the rims. I am always impressed by the quality of both wheels. Nice side effect is that both rims have identical button layouts.
    Btw: I never used gloves and I never will. That wheel is a tool in your hands and it's used a lot so personally I don't care about some visible patina. But you can also roughen up the Alcantara from time to time with an old toothbrush again.