Resolved Newest version of Sim Commander not working with R3E?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Fleskebacon, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    I'm getting error messages from Sim Commander when running Raceroom with Sim Vibe and the newest version (think it's 4.0.0.79). Other games work fine. Anyone else having this? Did SimXperience mess something up here? :(

2. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    No, working for me.

3. Fleskebacon

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    Oops. Obviously something went wrong for me with the last update, because now nothing works.

So not a R3E related issue.

I'll do a complete uninstall/reinstall of Sim Commander, hopefully that will solve it. Sim Commander crashes any time it tries to send audio output...

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    What I still don't understand is why you're looking for support here while you may have better support directly from the simxperience support forum...
    All that we can do here is telling you that it works for us. At least on the simxperience board you'll be in touch with simxperience devs... And as they respond to issues it's really the best option when you have one to submit.

5. Fleskebacon

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    1. This is the forum I'm most familiar with and that I use the most.
    2. I know we have a lot of nice guys on this forum.
    3. I know there are a lot of knowledgable guys here.
    4. Knowing that it works for you was exactly the information I was looking for, meaning that the problem lies elsewhere. As it initially looked like a R3E specific issue, this is, in my opinion, exactly the right forum to use.
    5. You're not supposed to understand everything, that's part of life.
    6. Happy new year. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  6. Ben W Saunders

Ben W Saunders New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Today I had the same issue.
    I found that if you just boot up R3E and run Sim commander whilst in game then it works as a quick fix.
    I have found that the sim is crashing more often today than usual especially after editing in game FFB settings and then returning back to the sim.

7. ...bez

...bez New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    yeah rrre and sim commander dont seem to be fully happy for me either, get some odd crashes combined with my accuforce loosing connection, not all the time thankfully but only happens in rrre and requires a reboot to fix.

8. Fleskebacon

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    Seems like something screwed up my sound card drivers, as I eventually started getting weird error messages from Windows as well. The problem started at the same time as upgrading Sim Commander to the latest version, but it seems rather unlikely that the upgrade could destroy the drivers.

Anyways, I uninstalled all my sound card drivers and reinstalled them, everything seems to be in working order now. :)

• Like Like x 2