Problem No backfire sound in cockpit view

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by vlad.cius, Jun 4, 2020.

1. vlad.cius

vlad.cius New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I noticed recently that there are no backfire sounds in cockpit view.

A while ago when I installed the game they worked. Also in youtube videos that are older you can clearly hear backfires and exhaust pops in cockpit view, but not currently in the game.

They work fine in chase view, but not in any other view. Is there a solution for that?

Thanks.

2. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    If i understood and remember everything correctly theres only one external recording for the backfires. Previously you would hear that recording everywhere including in cockpit perspective but as that was unrealistic it was removed from the cockpit sound. But im sure @Anthony Monteil could confirm this or explain it better

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Actually he already posted the full explanation in another thread

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. vlad.cius

vlad.cius New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
  5. vlad.cius

vlad.cius New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    could I have a link to that thread?

6. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Just to confirm what I wrote in the initial thread, the backfires are currently in a complete refactoring process, in order to provide some much more realistic backfires in both cockpit
    and external views.
    Actually, we progressed nicely this week and we're getting close to the final tests and adjustments.

If everything works as intended, you shouldn't wait for long before it ships in a next update ;)

• Like x 5
    • Wonderful x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Love it! x 1
  8. vlad.cius

vlad.cius New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks a lot for the good news! :blush:

9. carlos de hoz

carlos de hoz Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I had to format and reinstall everything. I was also noticing any lack of sounds like "damping in the cockpit view? I was trying to calibrate my speakers. Could this be included in that problem?"

10. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Just a quick update about the backfires sounds :
    I'm done with the tests and adjustments, and with the new backfires samples aswell.

The result is much better than I expected, in both cockpit and externals.
    No point to describe it here, you really need to hear it. I can just say that it's pretty addictive (at least for me :p).

Now, when I'm driving, I can't wait for the next corner to release the throttle and listen to the explosions in the back of the trunk or in the bottom of the car (you will understand what I mean when you'll test it).:D

Next step : implementation and tuning of the new backfires in all the cars, which will take a few days considering that I have several others things to add and adjust in each car's audio config file.

Another nice new sound feature is to come, as I already mentioned it in some other thread:
    There's some new brakes sounds recorded from real GT3 cars, and the main new feature is that the brake hiss volume is now related to the brakes temperature.
    As long as the brakes are cold, which usually lasts for 1 or 2 laps, they squeak like hell, and they gradually become quieter as they reach their ideal temperature.

Both new backfires and new brakes will be available as soon as I'm done with their implementation in each cars, which means it won't make it in this week's next update, but hopefully in the next one ;)

• Love it! Love it! x 12
  11. vlad.cius

vlad.cius New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for the update, really looking forward to it.

• Like Like x 1