Bug No engine vibration FFB effects when pushing the brake pedal

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Ablaze, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    Hi there,

I'm using a direct drive wheel with 20 Nm torque and have engine vibrations set to 30% ingame. That is enough to let my whole rig shake like crazy when turning off the engine. This feels bloody briliant. :D Previously I've used 2 buttkicker concert mini and they felt like a subtile little tickle. There's only one problem with engine virbations: they don't work when pushing the brake pedal, only while accelerating and coasting.

So when driving into the pits the engine makes nice high frequent vibrations but they turn off completely as soon as I brake to slow down for the pit marker. And when taking the foot from the brake the vibrations are there again but much stronger and at a low frequency because the engine idles. To be honest, I don't like this inconsistency and can't imagine that the FFB code was intended to work like this. Because when coasting the vibration effects works as they should.

I've tested this with an XBOX 360 gamepad and there's is the same problem. The gamepad rumbles when accelerating and coasting but is muted when hitting the brake.

Edit:
    I almost forgot it. When starting the eninge and the gear is in neutral position engine vibrations are off, too. You can smash the gas and no reaction comes from the wheel. Only after engaging the first gear those effcts suddenly kick in.

Would be nice if someone could point me to a possible fix or if a developer could look into it. Thanks in advance. :)

Cheers!

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  2. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    I'm sure there is a solution for your problem in the controlset by playing with one of these settings.
    E:\Gebruikers\Documenten\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet

Open with notepad

FFB throttle vibe freq mult="0.5" // Scales actual engine frequency to force FFB vibration frequency. Suggested range: 0.10 to 0.50
    FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude="0.0" // Magnitude of engine vibration at 0rpm (reference point).
    FFB throttle vibe slope="0.0" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude).
    FFB throttle vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    @Peter Koch:
    I've tried it. Those values only change the shape and strengh of the effects if are applied. Unfortunately, they don't change when the effects are applied. But thanks for the suggestion.

4. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
  5. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    I think this is something for Robert Holm, sorry to pass the book!

6. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
  7. Robert Holm

Robert Holm KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. ariookke

ariookke New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'm using G29 and I have noticed this same problem. Engine vibrations disappear, even if you are braking and throttling at the same time.

An another vibration what I'm missing is brake ffb on steer axis. ControlSet *.rcs file have these values there, but are those applied only for players who have a pedalset with vibration.

FFB Throttle FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Throttle effects on throttle axis, 1 = throttle effects on steering axis.
    FFB Brake FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Brake effects on brake axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.
    FFB throttle vibe freq mult="1.0" // Scales actual engine frequency to force FFB vibration frequency. Suggested range: 0.10 to 0.50
    FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude="0.15" // Magnitude of engine vibration at 0rpm (reference point).
    FFB throttle vibe slope="0.0" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude).
    FFB throttle vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
    FFB pedal throttle vibe zero magnitude="0.0" // Throttle pedal vibration at 0rpm (reference point)
    FFB pedal throttle vibe slope="0.0"
    FFB pedal throttle slip vibe="1.0" // Throttle pedal vibration on tire slip
    FFB pedal brake slip vibe="1.0" // Brake pedal vibration on front tire slip
    FFB pedal brake vibe slope="5.0" // Slope for brake pedal vibration based on speed and braking %

Brake ffb doesn't have values for steer axis, but pedal brake axis have.
    I tried to add lines manually for steer axis, but no effect when racing. When I opened .rcd file again I see my lines were removed by the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  9. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    I've given up on this topic.

Stationary friction (wheel resistance when standing still) doesn't work for me either. Had worked perfectly with a Fanatec CSW V2.