No February patch?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Don Rudi, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    no patch this month (gratiously extended February till today ;) ? No Zhuhai, no Cayman skins, no AI selector? :(

2. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Ai selector with multiclass would be a nice feature...

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    No better Readability for VR Users
    No fix for the shadow bug in VR
    No fix for the Windowdecal Problem in VR

Be patient. I think, they have many little bugs since the last big update. So it can last some days to sort them all out.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Fix for CSW 2.5???

• Like Like x 1
  5. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    V8 Supercars??????????????!!!!!!!!!!1111

6. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    French Toast ???!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    nothing to add here... :grinning:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. DreamsKnight

DreamsKnight Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    Gridgirls!

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  9. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately the "Gridgirls thread" here was deleted by someone ... I guess it was too much sexist for a public forum, so I think it looks rather bad for virtual chicks in R3E.

#NoMeToo

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    I would like, for a change, to see improvements on raceroom itself instead of content.
    -Slowdowns need fixing, very buggy
    -no cooldown lap after race
    -qualifying ending right after the time runs out and not letting you finish the started lap
    -no tyre pressure options
    -no rollings starts for multiplayer
    -no ai selector singleplayer
    -no false starts
    -no quickchat and no propper chat system in general

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    If they need something for a patch I have a couple of ideas :)
    Leaderboard - Include icon stating user or stock car setup was used
    Leaderboard - Scroll (in car) to include cars/drivers as filters selected on Leaderboard screen

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  12. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    I think that's pretty unfair and factually wrong.

Just look at any changelog in the past 4 yrs... Is everything listed in those logs not considered a fix or improvement?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    1- 4 years is a long time, thank god they are working.
    2- Just because its better doesn't mean its perfect.
    3- Raceroom 4 years ago ... lets just say it wasn't very good, to say the least. Do i have to remind you what the brake markers looked like ?
    upload_2018-3-4_0-23-30.png
    4- Everything i mentioned isn't like "oh yeah i really want rain and dynamic track stuff tomorrow" . Besides the tyre pressures, everything should be quite straight forward ... I mean raceroom doesn't have a chat system, cmon. For a game that has invested so much in the online stuff i think it should be a given.
    I don't think i'm being THAT unfair.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. SunnySunday

SunnySunday Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    It's very easy to make a list of things that a game doesn't have. How about you focusing on what the game does have and does well, i think life is a little easier when you focus on the things you do have, instead of the things you wished you had.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Sorry about that, but Raceroom slowly moved out of my scope.
    I'm pretty disappointed about the low level of communication and information by S3S and Raceroom.
    That's not a good reaction to puerile whining in the past imho.
    You are losing touch to your customers and community.
    Devstreams and roadmap updates might be highly anticipated by a lot of us.

• Agree Agree x 7
  16. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Perhaps it seems that way because every time anything is mentioned, there is incessant whining that goes on. "What about 'this'?" "Why arent you doing 'this' instead?" "Why dont you release 'this' track instead?"

This isnt just a problem in RaceRoom, but the entire sim-racing genre. And while it happens less often here, the voices that do raise themselves certainly arent silent.

So in that sense, if there is always a ton of whining, why share some early info if there is going to be a vocal outcry if a release estimate comes and goes? It seems this is the philosophy for content releases now, where stuff is being worked on in the background, and then announced and promptlyreleased within a few weeks... instead of announcing something, only for a year to pass before release because something happened or a priority changed.

There is always a lot being worked on, and no one is going to be happy with everything that is worked on and released. Features, bug fixes, or content. I have plenty of my own issues with things that havent been released, things that dont quite work as well as I would like, and things that I have long seen as an issue, but havent been improved.

That said, there are some big things being worked on right now that will likely make some people happy. Things that have been an issue and have been without a good solution for a while now. Development doesnt just happen over night though, as we all know. When there is a big bugfix or improvement that is needed, development time needs to shift and be allocated to that task instead of whatever else people might want. Generally speaking here... Is this stuff going to be what you want? Well, if you are the type of person that says, "Cool, now where is 'this' fix?" Then no. Little will ever please those people.

I would certainly like as much info as anyone else here. Every so often there are requests for info about the Cayman liveries for instance (@Don Rudi ;) ). And frankly, I completely agree. It's weird to not have any liveries with this car, and I have no idea where more are. Would having a developer say, "Hey, there has been a delay and these wont be out for (X) time" really make a difference? Knowing in an official capacity that there is a delay isnt going to make it release faster.

To that point though, for me... hearing a reason for a delay is moot. It wont make the stuff release faster, so to me, it doesnt matter. All that matters there is the day they are available. Hopefully I articulated this point well. I dont mean that any info is worthless, just that a reason or excuse is moot and what matters is the end result, being released liveries.

Is the next patch going to have (X) or (Y) major feature? Who knows. For someone that hasnt played RR in a year.... would a new feature really bring them back? I have my doubts there.

But anyway, judging from the recent trends, there will probably be a patch soon. In the meantime, Sim Racing System released in RR a few days back. Spend some time with that and get some racing in to pass the time until the next patch arrives. After all, that's what we are here for arent we? The racing. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
  17. Alexander Asner

Alexander Asner Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Being quite new to racing games on a PC (I was using a PS4Pro up to a few weeks ago) I feel I have to pick up the cudgets for RR. I was driving PC2 and GT Sport before and while PC2 has virtually all the features mentioned in this thread I couldn't care less. Why? Because what RR does it does extremely well. Very nice looking stable VR, an AI that is more than half decent, a ton of content and no serious bugs or annoyances to speak of. Now PC2 e.g. has fallen victim to a feature-itis that leads to the fact that virtually nothing is working at a mature level. I can live with some features that are missing in RR because I think the base is implemented extremely well.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Dale Junior

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    Agree. I also noticed an increasing silence here in the forum. The devstreams were always a good entertainment value for the R3E community and a road map would be just perfect for all of us, but I think there are other main reasons for the problems here. R3E has a good content basis and implemented many new features (new main menu, flag system, DOF, VR, triple screen, .. ) since the publication in 2013, but there are still too much in-sim features which are missing in comparison to other sims. And these are:
    • different weather options (rain, fog, ...),
    • night racing options,
    • more complex setup options (tire pressure, asynchronous chassis adjustments, …),
    • driver ranking and license system,
    • lack of famous race tracks / layouts (Le Mans, Brands Hatch GP, Daytona, ...)

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  19. SunnySunday

SunnySunday Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    While I do agree that roadmaps and devstreams are great and useful, the rest of your post is just another list of things that you think should have priority. RR literally have 40 plus tracks and they're all "famous" but of course you pick the three that isn't here... I don't know reading posts like yours just make me sad

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Dale Junior

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    Sorry buddy, but that's not right. Look at the forum and you find all these things on the list (it's not my personal wish list!).

https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...-suggestions-features-and-game-mechanics.495/
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/community-circuit-wishlist-top-3.2369/
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/brands-hatch.10105/