Problem No FFB (after 8May2018 update)

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Geofredo, May 8, 2018.

1. TitoMakY

TitoMakY New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I totally agree with you, I also dedicate many hours to find the perfect FFB for me, and every time they update we have to fuck.

Estoy totalmente de acuerdo contigo, yo tambien dedique muchas horas para encontrar el FFB perfecto para mi, y cada vez que actualizan nos tienen que joder.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Lachaussette

Lachaussette Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
  3. Jesper Holmgaard

Jesper Holmgaard New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    cant start the game after update

Attached Files:

4. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    @Jesper Holmgaard This is a crash that occurs in the Nvidia driver. Have you recently updated to latest and are you running Triple Screen resolutions? If so try and downgrade the nvidia driver to its previous version while we try and get a fix or workaround with the guys at nVidia.

• Useful Useful x 2
  5. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    @Jesper Holmgaard Can you try also starting the game with this argument : -cefNoBlacklist and see if that helps in any way?

To do this you can right click the game in your Steam library, select "Properties", and in the window that opens you will see a button to "Set Launch Options..."

In the dialog box, enter -cefNoBlacklist and validate. Then try to start the game.

• Useful Useful x 2
  6. Jesper Holmgaard

Jesper Holmgaard New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    HI J-F
    Thanks for quick response

First i try the -cefNoBlacklist.ting, it did not work.
    And yes i was use the latest nVidia driver with triple screen resolutions. now i downgrade to the previous driver version and now it run fine.

Thanks

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    The FFB issue is now fixed. It works for me and hopefully, it works for everybody else.

Thanks to all who were involved in solving this problem.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. morpwr

morpwr Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Has anybody had an issue where if you get hit in the side towards the rear of the car the wheel continues to pull towards that side until you either get hit on the other side or pause the game. I never had this until the update.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. TitoMakY

TitoMakY New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    After the update of 5/31/18 my FFB no longer loses power, now in its place when my vehicle has the most minimum damage in any part of the chassis due to some friction or minimal collision, my steering wheel remains strong and pulling towards the left, to the point that it is unfeasible and forces me to have to give escape to go to the pits. I would like to check with more OSW users to confirm that it is not a problem of my own. A greeting.

Despues de la actualizacion del 31/5/18 mi FFB ya no pierde potencia, ahora en su lugar cuando mi vehiculo tiene el mas minimo daño en cualquier parte del chasis por algun roce o colision minima mi volante se queda haciendo fuerza y tirando hacia la izquierda, hasta tal punto que es inconducible y me obliga a tener que dar a escape para ir a boxes. Me gustaria verificar con mas usuarios de OSW para confirmar que no es un problema solo mio. Un saludo.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. joel philibert

joel philibert New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The ffb issue is now fixed.Thx for the job now i wait for the new issue drivers nvidia

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Sin.Schumi

Sin.Schumi New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Me too, the issue is sloved, but yesterday i had Problems with the Online Connections ??

Thx for the Job

12. morpwr

morpwr Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Apparently we are the only two with this issue.

13. PurgerUK

PurgerUK New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Using a Bodnar2 and FFB still broken after the latest patch. I get a much reduced vibration effect on curbs and no centering/steering effects at all. This problem occurred with the previous major patch and the fix 2 days later was good. Please let me know if you need any logs created.

14. Lachaussette

Lachaussette Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Any log is more useful than words to understand what happened. You could share it, it will better than nothing

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    No problems here with the latest update. Augury kit OSW working great. Thanks

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. SHK

SHK New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    New OSW owner here, still in the building process of my racing setup... I did a few tests after the 31th May update and i found the ffb to be great, exept that i also noticed what you are experimenting guys. The feeling is like if the wheel centering point is changing after an impact (it always have shifted to the left in my case). Again, this is based on a few tests i did within the game and i will do some more tonight after the work. I found that after the wheel centering have shifted, if i pause the game (ESC button) then resume, centering might come back to it's default value. (will test more tonight)
    OSW - SimuCUBE board with SimuCUBE firmware 0.9.10 / Windows 7 64bits

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. PurgerUK

PurgerUK New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Here are some more details plus Game and MWTransport log files from recreating the problem. Initially started a practise session with FFB working ok then escaped to pit and when I went back out and the FFB had dropped.
    Wheel - Bodnar Sim Steering 2 using version 3.3 of Bodnar config software
    O/S - Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 1803 build 17134.81

Attached Files:

18. SHK

SHK New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok here is what i noticed after more testing regarding the issue of wheel centering after an impact...
    I did many tests crashing in the wall at different angle, speed, or while spining, or in reverse gear in a practice session. What i think is happening here is that the centering point of steering forces is changing to the left (never to the right in my case) and the center input value for car direction remain untouched. Kind of mimicking mechanical damage through the steering wheel. Sometimes it's minor and drive-able and i would even say it feels realistic, sometimes the shift goes beyond the bumpstop effect and this is becoming a real fight with the wheel and it is very unpleasant. What is also true 100% of the time is that pausing/resuming the game is reseting it. I also did tried to deactivate the option of mechanical damage on another practice session and all the same has happened there too.
    OSW - SimuCUBE board with SimuCUBE firmware 0.9.10 / Windows 7 64bits

edit : if someone would like to report this to the devs on another more appropriated thread please feel free to do so. I do not know how to do this.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  19. TitoMakY

TitoMakY New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your testimony, now I can confirm that the update of 05/31/18 does not solve all the problems of the FFB to OSW users, so we ask you to take the necessary measures to solve this problem.

Gracias por vuestro testimonio, ahora puedo confirmar que realmente la actualizacion del 31/05/18 no resuelve todos los problemas del FFB a los usuarios de OSW, por tanto les pedimos que tomen las medidas necesarias para solucionar este problema.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. anista_eb1

anista_eb1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    27th June 2018 and still no fix :(

I'm not sure if the same issue, but both RF2 and Raceroom are exhibiting similar glitchy/undriveable symptoms... NOTE: AC is, as always, working great... go figure...