No full throttle with Fanatec V1 USB pedals

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Karl Heinz Kluth, May 31, 2020.

1. Karl Heinz Kluth

Karl Heinz Kluth Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Good Morning,
    With my Fanatec V1 pedals I sometimes have the effect that the accelerator pedal does not reach 100% when you step through it, but only about 85%, which is of course annoying in the middle of the game. Unplugging the USB connector first solves this problem until it occurs again. Has anyone else observed this, is it more of a Fanatec problem or a RaceRoom problem and what can you do about it?
    Thank you for any help.

2. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Had the same problem with V3s.
    Not entirely sure what causes it, but I suspect it has something to do with the auto-calibration in the software.

I just added an upper dead-zone to the pedals, and problem solved.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. wad53

wad53 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    It's a common problem with the V1's, and will happen in most sims. There are lots of posts across the internet with suggestions to try and fix it. I've tried nearly all of them, including replacing the Hall Sensor, Load Cell, and adjusting the screw holding the magnet. The problem just keeps coming back, so I eventually went back to my trusty old G25 pedals. I've considered upgrading to the V3's but worried that the same issue might occur.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Karl Heinz Kluth

Karl Heinz Kluth Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Cherryfullinsane: i am going to try this

Wad53: the same to me, who knows, but cherryfullinsane has it with the V3....

Thank you so far

Last edited: May 31, 2020