Bug No more Info "Player xyz Joined" in MP

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by m.bohlken, Sep 21, 2017.

1. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    I wasn't sure about it till yesterday, but yesterday it was quite remarkable as I was the first player that joined on that server.
    Before the update in a MP-Session you've got an information when a player has joined.
    Now the Information isn't there anymore. Only when a player left the Session the Text still pops up.

@Dirk Bachmann: Sorry - I had to leave that GTO-Race in Spa yesterday as my wife needed some help...

2. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, that doesnt sound right. Dont think that was removed.

I was testing in mp by myself yesterday (frx at imola) when someone joined the server, and i distinctly remember seeing their name appear and then a brief joinlag happened. Wouldnt have known otherwise as i was on the other side of the track from where the pits are.

I'll try to investigate today. If it happens to you again, would you mind leaving the server and attaching your log files so the devs could take a look?

Cheers

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Nir Tal

Nir Tal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    I also saw "player enter..." in MP, just didnt notice any lag coming with it :D
    Thanks S3 for fixing it

4. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    I still remember the Server from Yesterday. It was [RR] #45 GTO with a race at Spa. As it was the last race (well ok, I only had the time for qualifing) I still have the logs you'll find attached here.

Not sure if that makes a difference - I was playing in VR in that moment.

Attached Files:

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Probably he had the same car as you. ;) Join lag is not fixed, but have been reduced a bit.

6. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    hm, I still have that issue... I'm not sure if it is only related to VR or to me. I see when someone is leaving the session but not when he is entering.

7. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Sent this one up to the devs to see if they can have a look at your logs. Not sure when they will be able to check it out, but fingers crossed it will be soon.

• Like Like x 1
  8. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Can I ask if you can try without VR enabled?

9. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Yepp - for sure... I'll try to join a session this evening without using VR.

10. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    @J-F Chardon I‘ve just checked it. I tried it without vr and the text „player xyz joined the session“ appeared again. So I did a negative-test again and I didn‘t get that message after some players joined.

So it seems to be something with VR. It started with the september-update.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for checking, we'll look into this. So odd when you know we haven't touched that. And why that message in particular... I'm looking forward to knowing what caused this :D

12. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    hehe, I feel with you... sometimes really strange what an effect a little change in code can have. Well, in the end it still can be something on my end.
    Maybe @mr_belowski can double-check that as AFAIK he has a VR-Headset, too?