Bug No shifting force feedback using XBox 360 Controller

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Metalogic, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    No matter the setting, there is no shifting force feedback when using an official Microsoft XBox 360 Controller

2. leon_90

leon_90 Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    And no engine vibrations too, and no bumps on the road. Basically if you drive on a straight it feels dead. It wasn't like it before last update

3. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    The only feedback I currently get that seems useful is vibrations for slip (extremely useful) and for when I hit the kerbs. I only got my 360 controller recently (was using an XBox One controller before, which has no rumbles whatsoever in R3E, sadly), so don't know if it was any better before...

4. leon_90

leon_90 Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    It was better, it worked great. Now it doesn't

5. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Great, so they've made the limited gamepad support even worse :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Akih

Akih New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Any news on this? Are the Devs looking at this at all ?

7. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    I've kind-of given up on waiting for proper XBox One vibration support in R3E, it's especially sad as the Open Beta for Forza Apex not only has the normal vibrations on the XBox One controller (including a little vibration when you shift gear), but also makes use of the haptic vibrations in the "Impulse Triggers" (think it's the only PC racing sim/game that currently does) for brake and throttle. R3E still has no vibrations whatsoever on the XBox One controller.

I'm not saying that Forza Apex is a great sim, compared to R3E it doesn't really feel like you're driving a real car and the physics are not very realistic, but the support for the XBox One controller (and even XBox 360 controller) is far, far better (and the graphics, obviously, but I'm happy enough with the graphics in R3E, apart from the generic car interiors).

So I'm stuck with using the less precise XBox 360 controller in R3E for now, at least that has slip vibration. I'm also considering buying a wheel, even though it's not very practical for the available space I have.

8. Akih

Akih New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    While i havent tried Forza Apex i cant really talk to the vibration, but im pretty sure Project Cars also use trigger vibration on PC. Assetto Corsa also has vibration but not trigger if i remember correctly. Neither of PCars or AC has the biggest developers either so i think its just a matter of prioritization rather than "MS is impossible to work with".

And while i really reallly hope that X1 controller support is coming, im also curious if the Devs are looking at the support of the X360 controller that suddenly got worse ??

9. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    I hope that S3 are looking at improving the experience in R3E for both the XBox One and 360 controller, not just for my own benefit, but many newcomers to the sim will be put off investing time in R3E if they find the experience with a gamepad is as poor as it is now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Akih

Akih New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Well, that was a useful comment... I think its excellent that you do your excercises in front of your computer.

Most racing games (including RRRE) are better with a gamepad than with keyboard and mouse. Although i would love to build a sim rig i dont really have the time or space to do so, therefore i prefer gamepad.

11. Akih

Akih New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    If this was pointed at me, im not sure why you think that but my name is not Christian :)

12. Akih

Akih New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Im not sure where you are going with this, and im not sure taking the thread off topic is the right thing to do.
    If you dont think Sector3 should work on gamepad support then please make a new and separate thread about it. This one is regarding a bug and hopefully they will look at this and fix it.
    Does anyone know if i can petition a Mod to delete comment #10-15 ? They dont add anything productive at all to this thread.

13. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    It's not all about cost - for many people it's just not practical to have a wheel setup, we don't all live in big houses and some of us have to share our computer spaces with other people

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Akih

Akih New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    You are also confusing something: This here, its a thread about a bug with a gaming-periphery (notice i didnt call i "Sporting equipment")... Please take your opinions on if it should be supported or not to another thread...

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Paradox Agi

Paradox Agi Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I know, some people don't consider R3E a game , but it performs much better than any racing game I have ever played - with a proper set up gamepad and, of course, as a game.

I don't see any problem here, some are more into it and want a more realistic simulation, others are playing a game. Just let everybody enjoy R3E the way they want and everything is fine.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Akih

Akih New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    For your information i also sent Sector3 a ticket showing to this thread, hopefully they will get back to us with good news :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Paradox Agi

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    As the 360's rumble motor is not the strongest, there is a possibility that the problem can not be solved. The 360 gamepad also can not handle the engine vibration at all (even with 100% setting), where the slightly stronger ffb from the thrustmaster gpx can. I don'nt know if this is a similar situation with the shifting vibration, but this all can be a problem of the controller's weak rumble motor. Just a guess of course. I would love to have improved rumble with this gamepad, but I am thankful for having the really useful slip effect that I missed before the patch.

18. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure what you're referring to here. We've only ever had rumble effects go off on when going over curbs, colliding or losing traction.

19. Paradox Agi

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Shifting and engine vibration does not happen using the 360 gamepad. That's the situation.

20. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Yes, and as far as I am aware that has always been the case. It does seem that Direct Input gamepads may be receiving other effects, but the XInput (Xbox 360 gamepads and their derivatives) don't.