Problem No Tracks in my Simbin/Car setup folder

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by katpeeler, Mar 27, 2015.

1. katpeeler

katpeeler New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have made a help ticket on this but have not got a response back so I thought I would bring it up on the Forums

I have purchased DTM 92 and the European track pack about 5 days ago. I am able to race the new cars on my new tracks BUT I recently tried to download car setups and I was told I needed to put them in my Car setup folder under the track the tune was for. But there is nothing in my Car setup folders...Do I have to make these folders or do I have a bad download or something??
    Also like I mentioned I have actualy been on my tracks and in my DTM 92 cars and practiced with them, but when I go to a multiplayer race there are very little people in the servers. I thought maybe I don't have a good download or something. I am VERY new to PC racing and don't know if Im doing something wrong. Can some explain to me (in NOOB terms) how to properly download race setups and install them in folders? Also once I get them in a folder how do I apply the setup to the car???

Thank You

2. Edu Martinez

Edu Martinez New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Setups to:
    C:\Users\xxxxxxxxxxxxxx\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\CarSetups\track\

You are wright, few people in MP, but with this good AI is normal :)

3. FuzzyFassbender

FuzzyFassbender Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Change the setup of a car, the folder will then be created.

4. katpeeler

katpeeler New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes but I don't have a "track" folder. Do I have to create one??

Also @FuzzyFassbender where do I change my car setup at??..If I download a setup from a website what happens next?? How do I change setups between tracks/races?? Understand I have not been able to do this correctly so maybe if I get a track folder things will work out

5. FuzzyFassbender

FuzzyFassbender Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Actually, they must have changed something. I could have sworn the track folders weren't created until the first setup was created. Anyway... this is an example of the setups location:

C:\.....\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\CarSetups\Brands Hatch\Indy
    upload_2015-3-26_20-21-54.png

With that said, you will only be able to change the setup of a car in "Get Real", you can't get to the setup screens for Novice and Amateur modes. There isn't a way to save to a file, everything is automatically saved when you change something and you can't "load" a setup (at this time in development) but once you know the name you can replace with something you downloaded elsewhere.

6. katpeeler

katpeeler New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

7. katpeeler

katpeeler New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok well maybe this is my problem. I have not been able to create a setup yet. I do race in "Get Real" so that is not my issue. But I am still confused about setting up a car. You say that you cannot load a setup, so what do people do with these .svm files ( I don't even know what a svm file is). But then you say that I can download something and put on car...Sorry for all these stupid questions...

8. FuzzyFassbender

FuzzyFassbender Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    If you never changed any setups for any cars on a particular track the setups folder for that track (path to setup folder in my other post) will be empty. As soon as you change something on the setup screen for a car there will be a setup file such as "Ford Mustang GT DTM.svm" created. If you download a setup for that car you can either rename or replace the original file. These ".svm" files contain the setup settings for the car.

9. katpeeler

katpeeler New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanx man. I didn't realize I had to do save a setup first...I will try this as soon as I can get on again maybe in a couple of days. I will keep this thread near by in case I forget something.....Im trying to learn how to do this crazy PC stuff all you cool kids been doing all these years

• Funny Funny x 1