Nordichleife VLN track version

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base' started by Joel Willstein, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Joel Willstein

Joel Willstein Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Totally confused??? I just purchased the Nordichleife track pack for a race in the RLM league upcoming GT4 series. I assumed that the VLN version is the 2nd longest track in the pack as per the drawing, but when I started up that track version, I keep on getting a modified version of the Nurburgring track. This can't be right. So what am I doing wrong?
    Thanks,
    Joel

2. XanderSJX

XanderSJX New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    When you say modified Nurburgring track, do you mean just short Nurburgring without any part of Nord’s track?
    Because in screenshot for VLN, it is full Nord + Nurburgring without hairpin and Schumacher S’s.

3. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    VLN version is "GP Track short" + Nordschleife
    24h version is GP track full without Mercedes Arena + Nordschleife

Right before the last corner of the GP track you can either drive left to get on the Nordschleife or you can go right to "shortcut" the Nordschleife and go on the mainstraight of the GP track again. But that's just for outlaps to start a timed lap in practice or qualifying.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Joel Willstein

Joel Willstein Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the explanation. It now makes sense as to the layout.
    I'm a ways from trying a AI race and a month from my league race there. So for practice you go right for a full lap so it gets timed, but for a race you only go left as you're starting from the grid not the pit lane.

Thanks,
    Joel

• Like Like x 1