Released Nordschleife

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, May 31, 2015.

1. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Well.. It's probably somewhere in the TOS that you buy a license to the content, and that said license can be revoked at any given time. (That's how Steam etc do it.) + If Audi decides to sue Sector3 over the livery-copyrights they're screwed, so yes, it's probably best to remove them when they ask.

Edit: -That doesn't mean that it doesn't suck. The liveries are cool :(

• Like Like x 1
  2. R.C. Collins

R.C. Collins Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Fuel does not seem to be available in simple practice (offline). Also missing is timing in a practice session.

If I'm building a setup, I'd kind of like to know how much fuel since it should affect tires, grip, etc. Right?

How do I gauge improvement with no way of seeing any accurate times?

If the Audi liveries are gone, then why is the AI still running them?

Speaking of AI, what is with the over aggressive wrecking?

What about tire pressures?

Damage? Even from abusive driving?

Lack of timing/car data in replays.

Idea for a feature. In the Timing Screen where you see your and other's lap times. Right click shows laps. Double click a lap could take you directly to the point in time in the replay.

3. testdriver69

testdriver69 Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    is this really the case that audi gives a rats ass what their livery looks like in raceroom ?! why not just mark it as authentic and ficionary livery ? i don't get it ! taking away bought things from players is always a no no ! maybe audi need to safe up some money because they cheat at diesel emissions too ! :D finally toyota can win at le mans

4. .OG Isaac

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Licensing issues are big even when it's Audi vs Raceroom i'm afraid.

Taking away bought things from players is a yes-yes, you agreed to a Terms of Service / Terms of Agreement. You actually agreed to this, and they can take away everything you own, i'm assuming because that's how online services nowaday works.

Yes it sucks, but it's legal and sometimes neccesary if lets say Audi would threat with a lawsuit over these things.

If the liveries are fictional, Audi maybe doesn't want fake/other sponsors projected on their car for somewhat similair reasons.

There are sponsors on the car's livery, and those sponsors are not aware of their logo useage and might not agree with it.. That's copyright infringement (I think copyright, not sure?)

5. testdriver69

testdriver69 Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    legally....sure what ever, morally a no no !
    it is a thin line between getting realy customer buying new stuff and beeing pirated because you follow the EA path!
    Personally i don't care much about real liverys - if you play rfactor you know what i meant :p

6. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    agreed.
    Look i don't care that much about livery being real or not. But i got charged money(vRP) for those and as such i should be refunded or compensated with replacement. And no i don't care about 50 cents i mean really that's how much it comes down too.
    I purchased content before that became free and never complained but this is different. Its content that's no longer there that you bought.
    I actually think i care a lot because this is my favorite car of any sim and i was very happy to see other livery on it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    I like these types of ideas. They went through all the trouble to add Green Hell, so it makes sense to add a few minimal features to give a tracks day like feel. I realize you can kind of mimic this with current options, but why not flaunt the Nordschleife track days a bit more...which alot of sim racers enjoy judging from AC and PC

8. coolcool

coolcool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +163 / 0 / -0
    I was able to understand what you are saying
    Thank you;)

NAME             TRACK          CLASSES

[RR]NORDSCHLEFE TO...   NORDSCHLEFE     AQULA CR1 CUP,HIL...

It is difficult for me
    And a qualifier began
    Free run please:D

9. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Audi own Lamborghini, lets not piss them off! ;)

10. .OG Isaac

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Well, as I said.. You probably agreed to it in the TOS/TOA when buying content/making your account ;)

"I should be refunded or compensated" - that's not neccesary because you gave them the right to do this. I do hope that the people who did purchase the lost content will somehow get compensated.. But this is the risk you run buying content online.

11. gio_vtec

gio_vtec Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    How they ended up removing content they already sold?
    What i mean by that is, Didn't they ask to Audi for confirmation then put the content on sale?

12. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    It seems there is some confusion in here about the Audi GTO liveries... I'll repost my comment from another thread.

"Audi seemed to be unhappy that those liveries were not real life liveries, and had slight alterations done to them, so they asked Sector3 to remove them. That is part of their licensing agreement most likely, so Audi is at liberty to do that if Sector3 wants to use their content.

As for the liveries already sold, that have since been removed from the store... Everyone who already bought those liveries should still be able to use them. Nothing should be removed from their accounts.

Simply put, if you bought those liveries before, you can still use them anywhere in the game (MP or SP) and that is why you still see some people in the MP servers using them.

They are no longer in the store though, so they cannot be bought anymore however. So those people that already bought them, get to keep them. And the people that never bought them cannot buy them now."

So, there should not be any outrage here. My guess is that those concerned they got screwed didnt actually have those liveries in the first place... Since they should still have those liveries now and this isnt an issue for them.

13. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    I'm not overly concerned, but I bought the pack the day it arrived and don't have these liveries anymore. So...they actually were removed. No idea if I got a refund.

Edit: Correction - I bought the pack the day after release. Still I know that I had the liveries to chose and now they are gone.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  14. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    The liveries were gone for me, @J-F Chardon fixed it by sending a redeem code.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
  16. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
  17. R.C. Collins

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Wait?!? Spooner, you're saying you now have the yellow liveries? What is this redeem code you are referring to?

18. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    If you previously bought the Audi GTO liveries, but dont have them anymore... see this thread.

The intent was never to remove them from people that owned them. It was some sort of bug. Either contact J-F via PM, or just be a bit patient as some of the beta-testers have been passing names along to J-F when they posted to that GTO thread.

@Cheeseman & @R.C. Collins

• Like Like x 1
  19. R.C. Collins

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. Would be cool to have the yellow instead of the no choice 3 or 4 red only since I got my Audi pack last November.

20. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    Since the last European tracks pack update I am a proud owner of the Nordschleife … now I understand these words: "I believe I can fly, I believe I can touch the sky" :eek: … f**king great! :cool:

20160609155555_1.jpg 20160609160208_1.jpg

PS: But … please melting together the Nuerburgring GP version and the Nordschleife version to one track! Thx