Released Nordschleife

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, May 31, 2015.

1. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Yes a few seconds aren't that much at the ring. I know.:)
    I was about 10 seconds slower than the driver with the fastest lap in last race i've had. And i'm quite happy with my current pace at the Nordschleife. I remember times where this gap weren't 10 seconds but 30-40 seconds.:rolleyes: It's getting better with every driven lap.

2. Dirk Bachmann

Dirk Bachmann Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Hey Ernie :) (This is one of the good guys i wrote about in another Thread.....)

NoS is currently the best challenge for me.
    Ill try to improve VLN Layout on different Cars, im not the slowest on this track, but i´m really shocked about some
    Laptimes....
    All guys faster than 8.00 Minutes should be declared as Aliens an departed to another Planet where they can do their Alien things :)
    I´ve got no Idea where i should find the next 10seconds, the fastest guy does a 7.46 in a Porsche, so im 20s! slower.
    Maybe ill should give a try to Tetris or Solitaire.............

• Like Like x 1
  3. -nOiSe-

-nOiSe- Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    That's the problem... XD

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    I've seen NoS as short for the more common (I think) "Nords".

Where does this "NoS" comes from? It's not the most intuitive short name I've seen. And TBH I only recall this pop up recently.

May just well be an language barrier or local "slang" in Germany for the track but obviously, I wouldn't know that so here I am, asking.

5. Pascal Herbig

Pascal Herbig Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Well the "correct" abbreviation for Nordschleife would probably be NS. But that combination of letters is associated with some bad history in Germany around 80 years ago (I guess you see where I am going). So we just add the O for good measure.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. Makes sense.
    I will still short it like Nords though :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Montana.BE

Montana.BE Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    That would be very cool indeed

8. Montana.BE

Montana.BE Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Part of the trick is also to find the places where cutting the track is not punished, versus the places it is. It sounds easy, but on a track with 80 corners, it's quite a job getting that established. Often I'm going off-track and thinking "well, my time is f++cked anyway, only to find that the time is still kept". On some of these places, you could just go wide, AND fast.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Eddie Ellis

Eddie Ellis Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    The secret to learning NoS is to use a slow car with a lot of grip and neutral handling. Understeer here will cause a lot of trouble. After a 50 or so laps, you will begin to know which gear to be in for each sector. So my advise is to start with the classic BMW M3 E30 Gr.A and set the transmission final drive all the way up for the long finish straight and practice. Even after you know the track, I would still pick a smooth car over a fast one. So the Saleen S7 would be a YES and the Zonda R would be a NO.

10. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    May as well just disable track limits then and advocate cheating if it makes you faster!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Maddawg

Maddawg Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Although not able to do in real life (I think?) it would be fun to have an alternate reverse of Nordscheife. I used to drive it backwards in Proj Cars in Single Player Mode. Quite challenging and fun too.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lølwut

Lølwut Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Actually the Schleife gets driven backwards as part of the Rallye Köln-Ahrweiler that started Friday. I didnt know that either until someone told me yesterday.
    #TheMoreYouKnow

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  13. Montana.BE

Montana.BE Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I'm currently actually driving the 1992 DTM M3 on the Nordschleife ... with the brake balance altered slightly, and the final gears as well since it maxes out on 3 parts (!) of the track otherwise. I do agree : best way to learn is with a relative slow car, and you actually enjoy it even more I think, but that is even another thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Montana.BE

Montana.BE Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I'm just saying how OTHERS are actually cheating, but no offence taken, I'm not in the top of the Leaderbord anyway, so cheating is not really my biggest concern. Getting frustrated with "this and your next lap will be invalidated", is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0

16. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    I think the problem he is illustrating is those other times may be using "all the legal track" so you would want to do the same if the goal is to match said times.

17. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    IDK, not how i read it.
    Using "all the legal track" would require having two wheels on the track at all times ;)

On that point, deliberately going off track to improve times based on what others have done, if you cant beat them join them, or just be as fast as you can be within legal limits and be satisfied that you did it fairly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    ^^^ i hear you on that point, that is why i said "if the goal is to match said times". Lets not forget this is also a constant issue in real formula 1 as far as "when should it be a penalty". Every time a guy gets penalized, the stock response is always "but, but, EVERYONE cuts that corner!!" So clearly its an age old problem since two guys raced their stone wheels from the cave entrance to the bone pile!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Montana.BE

Montana.BE Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    That's right

20. juan Fafian

juan Fafian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    when my lap time on vln nords (gt3) was 8.15, I did not imagine how to improve it, it seemed impossible.
    Now i am 8.00, everything is a matter of time and training,
    Take a look at this hot lap (24hs nords-Moritz Löhner)
    Super fast, super clean, super legal.