Problem not able to select Porsche's

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by bazb, May 10, 2020.

1. bazb

bazb New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hoping someone will be able to help me, i purchased the full game content but if i go to the adac gt masters and try to drive a porsche 911 they're all marked in purple and say 'buy it now' (i thought they'd come in the full content pack i purchased?) if you click on it it turns red and says 'nothing to buy' and I am unable to race with one as the game goes no further.
    any help would be greatly appreciated

2. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    That car can no longer be bought. When the 2019 porsche came into the game they unfortunately had to take the older version out of the store

3. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    this car was removed from sale ; it stays purple in store to allow ppl who already own the car to buy extra skins ; but if you didnt own it before porsche removed it from sale then its not possible ;

hope this helps
    ninja'd
    Andi

4. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Old bug in ui (should get fixed anytime now o_O)

5. bazb

bazb New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ok thanks, so does that mean i am unable to use a porsche in that series?
    also .... subnote how do i lower my ping rate? ive just been kicked from the brrc touring car challenge after qualifying 3rd because i had a high ping rate?

6. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    how are you connecting to the internet

Andi

7. bazb

bazb New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    wireless dongle as my pc is upstairs and router down. also while im asking questions as im relatively new, how do you earn points? ive noticed some online races you need racing points over so many to enter... how do i get these?

8. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    You can use the 2019 Porsche in the GTR3 class and choose the ADAC GT Masters 2018 cars as your opponents in the AI selector.

Wireless is always pretty bad for your ping. You should try to use a LAN cable somehow.

9. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    You ca not earn vRP. you have to buy them from here - https://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_en/list_page?cat=24

10. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    I think he means the rating and reputation points.
    @bazb In that case you have to drive races on the ranked servers. You can just filter for them at the top of the multiplayer screen, some of them also have entry restrictions but there are also some that require no points. If you race on those servers you will get a rating (starts at 1500, depending on where you finish and how strong your opponents were itll rise or drop) and a reputation (starts at 50, if you drive without many incidents (stuff like off tracks, spins, contact with other cars or walls but also just leaving the server in the middle of the race) your reputation will rise bit by bit).

• Like Like x 2
  11. Bavarian_Firebird

Bavarian_Firebird Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    as a compromise between WLAN and LAN cable you can try using PowerLAN Adapters. They will convert your LAN signals and send them over your Powerlines to the other Adapter. There they get reconverted to LAN signals. I use them at home. I restart them every 3 weeks just to be sure but so far no incidents. Speed depends on the quality of the adapters and your power cables.

12. bazb

bazb New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    awesome thanks guys