Not another penny until...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GregoryLeo, May 12, 2016.

1. Shenmue_X

Shenmue_X Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I disagree with the OP. There are plenty of things to do before modeling new tracks and cars. In MP, many tracks are even underused and you need to belong to a club to ever visit them (solo apart). More American classic tracks or unknown pearls would be welcome though.

2. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    MP should not be a metering tool when it comes to tracks. Otherwise we would probably just sit here with the Nordschleife, as that seems to get the most attention.
    But I do fully agree on the American classic tracks and do hope with cars like the DP prototype or the IMSA GTOs, that we will get a few more suitable tracks.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: May 13, 2016
  3. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    i miss just 2 tracks. Silverstone and Oulton Park ah and the whole Brands Hatch layout

• Agree Agree x 9
  4. kamackeris

kamackeris Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I hope the ai is being worked on for the next update... Get that right then give us tracks!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. digitizer

digitizer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Tottaly agree with Brands Hatch. The first time i saw Brands Hatch, i thought i skipped a turn, because track looks like teleport from start to finish for me.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    it`s a funny layout, i like it but i like more the complete layout. When i thought back to race07 i get goose bumps, i hope S3 became green light from raceroom to implement this layout into r3e.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Nothing wrong with the Indy layout, great fun on the NSU Prince for example. But a bit bummed recreating last weeks Blancpain race isn't possible. Such an odd choice to only use the lesser known layout. Anyways, MORE TRACKS! :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    It wasn't a choice as such, more a licensing requirement as Brands Hatch was part of the DTM 2013 Experience (they used the Indy layout). Still, it's a bit odd that they didn't make the whole track available for the core game.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Wow, I'll admit I'm not that into actually watching DTM but seeing how the cars perform in game, those must've been PRETTY short laps that weekend, heh. Well at least that explains it.

Edit: Yeeeeeep, 41,3 netted pole. I mean I'm only like 18 seconds slower in the NSU but still. :DSwiiish

• Like Like x 1
  10. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Yep, I watched the DTM at Brands in 2011/12/13. Pole laps were around 42 secs as you said and the race went on for nearly a hundred laps. A shame they couldn't use the GP circuit but I believe its use is restricted due to noise concerns.

• Like Like x 2
  11. DirtyriceTX

DirtyriceTX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Constructive criticism is not emotional blackmail. I myself have every car I'll probably ever buy in r3e. I already own all of the tracks. I imagine i'm not the only one. As the user base grows in areas outside of Germany, more people will be wanting tracks from other parts of the world, especially when other sims offer them. Especially tracks that hold very large annual races like sebring, daytona, silverstone, canadian tire motorsports park, Circuit de Catalunya.

Even some German and European users have said they would like to see more track variety. People like to race on what they see on tv, there are many gt series around the world including blancpain. I love watching the pirelli world challenge myself. But again the user base isn't where the money is. For now i'll just have fun with what tracks are available :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: May 14, 2016
  12. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    For me this is more important too, though presumably it's different developers/artists doing the tracks than working on the AI.

Also perhaps worth mentioning that not all the tracks available in other sims are as good quality as the R3E ones - I'd rather have a smaller number of good high quality new tracks (though Brands Hatch GP and Silverstone done right would make me very happy) than loads of ones done in a mediocre way.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Let's involve some experts in genetics to clone another @Alex Hummler :)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Def want more tracks, but I just don't buy many cars anymore...I am certainly not going to say I won't spend a penny, but I have massively slowed in car purchases...since we have 2014,2015....2016 etc...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. jimortality

jimortality Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I'm happy

• Wonderful Wonderful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  16. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys n girls... I am very curious about one thing.. one week there is no more cars no more tracks fix the bugs fix MP fix AI.... next week there is like more tracks. more cars more this and that... then there is like I am outta here and then oh no it is so much better no I can play this is really good...!!??!!.....
    FOR F*CK sake, Make up your mind!! Are you all in a hurry to get somewhere or are you afraid to miss out or something....
    I'm just wondering.. what all the fuzz is all about, you got a shitload of stuff to use....
    So use it stop moaning....
    Yes you are moaning! ;)

Edit: Think about it...for a moment, would you want to be Dev.. ?
    I admire their patience with us, they give us a finger and we chew of the hand.. mostly!?
    I see no other game dev. being so forthcoming and listening to their customers in any game ever, that don't give us the right to demand or force anything or any issue. This is their product and if we don't like it no one is holding a gun to our heads it's easy, just leave. ;)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 13, 2016
  17. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Even some Germans... wow, that is nice :confused:
    Believe it or not, I don't care in which country a track is. I only care if it is good and if it has some tradition. One of my all time favourites still is (the old) Mexico City circuit. Over at the pCars forum I kept pleaing for Daytona and Sebring.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. DirtyriceTX

DirtyriceTX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    What?... the user base is known to be mostly german, i've had people state in posts that they were german and would like more non-german tracks in r3e. Obviously the majority of the tracks are in europe. I don't see how what I said was offensive?

19. Jebus

Jebus Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I'm not spending much pennies to this game anyways, but the few I do I would definitely rather spend to tracks than cars.

20. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Who cares for pennies! Use VRPs!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1